Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

Comments

• Options
    Don't think he is going anywhere to be honest & if we do sell him Pards will probably be telling Murray it's Bye Bye to promotion for this year at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't think he is going anywhere to be honest & if we do sell him Pards will probably be telling Murray it's Bye Bye to promotion for this year at least.

Player power rules these days though. Whilst Pards won't want to sell him, if Reid throws a strop and says he wants to go, what choice do we have?
  • Options
    Swap him for Hoolihan and pocket the difference.
  • Options
    Don't think Andy Reid would want to play for Blackpool
  • Options
    Sure he could be persuaded - just need to get him thinking about all the ice creams, sticks of rock and candyfloss he could get his hands on over the summer months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't think he is going anywhere to be honest & if we do sell him Pards will probably be telling Murray it's Bye Bye to promotion for this year at least.

Player power rules these days though. Whilst Pards won't want to sell him, if Reid throws a strop and says he wants to go, what choice do we have?

I could be wrong, but Reid doesn't strike me as that sort of player. If it was a move to a top 4 club then fair enough but I can't see him throwing a strop so that he could join sunderland.
  • Options
    Why not? Double his money, premiership football, he's Irish and Keane is probably one of his idols.
    You never know.
  • Options
    Looked the class act he is yesterday and was a majr problem to us particulary in the first half.

Got a good reception from the travelling addicks and was clapped off when subbed.
  • Options
    He was the biggest mistake the season we let him go reidy was quality
  • Options
    What song did the fans sing when he was taking a corner?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reid was excellent yesterday
  • Options
    Another ridiculously resurrected post - grrr!
  • Options
    If we had Andy Reid playing for us last season we would have won the league by Christmas. He genuinely controls a midfield. We don't have anyone even close.
  • Options
    I think he went to Sunderland on 55k per week and was on25k at ours. No brainer for him at the time.
  • Options
    I was sat right down the front near the corner when he come over to take a corner got a bit of stick and seemed to enjoy it smiling and laughing. great bloke and player
  • Options
    He came round the office when he left and told finance team that he'd have loved to have stayed if we had paid him more. hugged everyone and thanked them for their hard work. Love him. was devastated when he left - more than I was when Claus Jensen left on my birthday. Glad he got a good reception by the majority.
  • Options
    How was his ball retention from throw ins Suzi?
    ;-)
  • Options
    i let him off :-)
  • Options
    He's another who moved on to a 'bigger' club and pay packet .. he aint the first, he won't be the last
  • Options
    A class act. Gave as a wave at the end during their warm down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reid gave Pritchard a lesson in off-the-ball movement today. He took him into central areas to disrupt our Diamond midfield, creating space for others to move into and opening up our right flank. On the ball, he dictated the pace and pattern of the game and caused havoc, until BWP was moved onto the right to occupy his space. Clever player with a sweet left foot.

The obvious way to play him, is to get your right back forward and force him backwards. If he doesn't chase back, you can overload their left back area 2v1. It was disappointing that we didn't have that in our game-plan. Perhaps we'll do it in the return fixture.
  • Options
    Was sometimes found in Hardy's, Trafalgar Rd, with his guitar.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

pity he didn't spend more time on the training field doing what he was paid for .. getting fit
  • Options
    absolute quality footballer. my favourite player when he was here.
  • Options
    Remember PV talking very positively about him when he (Reid) left
  • Options

Redskin said:

pity he didn't spend more time on the training field doing what he was paid for .. getting fit
    Ouch! Someoine had to keep Peters Pies going
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Kap10 said:

Redskin said:

Ouch! Someoine had to keep Peters Pies going
    not to mention Pukkkkkas !!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    A player of some quality but if Forest get many more than 20 games out of him this season they will be doing well as we know ourselves from his time with us!
  • Options
    Redskin said:

He loves to play and sing.

Warm friendly bloke too.

• Options
    he can sing and play the guitar very well as I remember from a lock in at Hardy's one sunday night. he drank one pint all night after we'd won on the saturday night and it was an international break as I recall the following week, so i'll let him off.