Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Beagrie

I could never stand him when he was playing especially after Brownie thumped him but I have to say, in light the Gary Birtles thing it made me realise he is by far the most knowledgable pundit sky possess.

For all our games that have been on the box I have recorded I have found myself impressed with his knowledge of both teams involved and he has shown up a fair few of the 'experts' (ex meaning has been, spurt meaning a useless drip) up on soccer saturday in the studio. Paul Walsh being one of them.

Just thought I'd add that and see what everyone else thinks.

Comments

• Yeah I like him. He talks a lot of sense - he is very good I sky sports phone in as well.
  • The only ex-player on the scene i really enjoy listening to and thinks he tells it how it is honestly from a players point of view is Jamie Redknapp. Think he would make a wonderful No. 2 or youth team manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The only ex-player on the scene i really enjoy listening to and thinks he tells it how it is honestly from a players point of view is Jamie Redknapp. Think he would make a wonderful No. 2 or youth team manager.
    Absolutely agree. I think he's knowledgable, erudite, well-presented and when he speaks there isn't an 'er', 'y'know' or 'like' in sight. I can't see him moving into management though - cushy little job for him as a pundit and then move into a Lineker-style role as he gets older I reckon
  • Yeah I like Redknapp, can't see him becoming a manager though, he's got one of the best lifestyles of anyone I've ever seen I reckon with his job/wife !!......why change it !

Also think Beagrie talks alot of sense and I still like Kamara, knows his 'League' football very well.

Alan Smith is pretty decent when he's a co-commentater

Birtles is just a t*sser and really seems to have something against us !
  • Birtles as a player:

Scored a lot of goals for Nottingham Forest under Brian Clough

Scored erm, ...... b*gger all in about 2 or 3 seasons at Man Ure. Maybe less than 10.

Tosser
  • Agreed, I have a lot of time for Jamie Redknapp. I also think Charlie Nicholas is good - when we were in the Prem I always thought he spoke a lot more knowledgably and sensibly about us than any of the other idiots on Soccer Saturday (I'm thinking Phil Thompson and Frank McClintock in particular who drive me insane).
  • personally I think Merson is brilliant on Soccer Sat....he thinks Benjani (Pompey) is useless and he cracks me up.

Le Tiss is also pretty funny and Tony Gale knows his stuff, but the rest of them just wind me up...especially Phil Thompson