Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

African Cup of Nations

Who's watching this.

Saw the 2nd half of Ghana v Guinea and it was a good game, lots of attacking football.

Going to support Ghana as used to work with a few Asante Ghanians.

Comments

• Do Guinea Pigs actually come from Guinea?
  • I watched the highlights yesterday. Hoping to catch the First Half of Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria today should be a cracking game.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do Guinea Pigs actually come from Guinea?

No, South America.
  • On the subject of South America, what about Brazil Nuts, do they come from Brazil?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]On the subject of South America, what about Brazil Nuts, do they come from Brazil?

Adriano is definately a Brazil Nut if that helps?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]On the subject of South America, what about Brazil Nuts, do they come from Brazil?

do pea nuts come from peas. If so, can you freeze them too.
  • I take it not many people are watching the ACON then?

pea nuts are actually called ground nuts. This name comes from when they were sold at football grounds OR because they come from the ground.
  • Watched the 2nd half yesterday, Ghana looked quite good although looking at the Ivory Coast side, they've got to be favourites to win it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite] Ivory Coast side, they've got to be favourites to win it.

Is the coast actually made out of Ivory?

;-)
  • no thanks! poo footie waste of time middle of season!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going watch Benin tonight, they're called The Squirrels :-)
  • edited January 2008
    Saw a little bit this afternoon - a huge crowd of Ghanian fans, all in yellow, doing a bouncy-bouncy thing, banging their drums, watching... Namibia v Morocco. It made me smile during a crap day.
  • Great Ivory Coast goal. It used to be that you could watch these games and think "We should buy him" but all the players seem to be at Chelsea or Arsenal already.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Great Ivory Coast goal. It used to be that you could watch these games and think "We should buy him" but all the players seem to be at Chelsea or Arsenal already.

I was counting the number of Premiership players in that game, and I didn't realise just how many African players are over here - even Dan Shittu was playing!
  • "Locals are burning sawdust and rubbish on the outskirts of town to keep away mosquitoes - the result of which toxic smoke has been blowing into the stadium affecting both players, spectators and commentators!

"Cameroon's Joseph Desire Job and Hassan Ahmed, the Egypt captain, have spoken out about this.

"Metropolitan chief executive (Mayor) of Kumasi - Patricia Appiah-Adjei - says that she and the local organising committee have taken steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

"KLOC (kumasi local organising committee) will take legal proceedings against anyone burning the sawdust as it breaks local byelaws.

"The smoke does cause breathing difficulties and coughing which doesn't help in what is a very dry and dusty atmosphere anyway."