Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you just don't 'get'

Comments

• Talal said:

Men that wear trainers with suits to the station

There is a perfectly good logic to this. If you have any significant amount of walking as part of your commute doing this in smart shoes for a month will not only destroy your feet but it'll also cost you lots of money in replacing your shoes regularly. Simple solution to both keep your shoes at work and wear trainers for the commute.
    Buy decent, English made shoes (& not just one that pass themselves off as having been made in England). And get ones that fit, not ones that have to be broken in.
    Or just wear trainers. Who gives a shit if someone else doesn't like seeing you wear them.
    People treat you they way they see you. If they see you looking like a chav, that's how they will treat you. It's delusional to say who gives a shit, everybody does

• Hipsters.
  • Talal said:

There is a perfectly good logic to this. If you have any significant amount of walking as part of your commute doing this in smart shoes for a month will not only destroy your feet but it'll also cost you lots of money in replacing your shoes regularly. Simple solution to both keep your shoes at work and wear trainers for the commute.
    Buy decent, English made shoes (& not just one that pass themselves off as having been made in England). And get ones that fit, not ones that have to be broken in.
    Or just wear trainers. Who gives a shit if someone else doesn't like seeing you wear them.
    People treat you they way they see you. If they see you looking like a chav, that's how they will treat you. It's delusional to say who gives a shit, everybody does

Bullshit. Wearing trainers on a commute to work is not a fashion statement, anyone with a brain cell knows why you're doing it.
  • When did trainers replace plimsols? :)
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Bullshit. Wearing trainers on a commute to work is not a fashion statement, anyone with a brain cell knows why you're doing it.
    Yes, but people with lots of brain cells will still judge you accordingly
  • T.C.E said:

When did trainers replace plimsols? :)

mid-80's
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Then that's their problem.
  • T.C.E said:

Don't you worry about it mate. Just carry on working your way through your bag of werthers originals
  • Grown adults who still talk to their parents like they are 12
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

It's not a problem, it's just a fact of life. We all instinctively assess people as soon as we see them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

It's not a problem, it's just a fact of life. We all instinctively assess people as soon as we see them.
    If you're bothered by what nobodies on a train think of you then that's a shame. It's been about 13 years since I commuted up to London and yes I used to wear trainers with a suit on the walk. If anyone had said anything about it I would've just laughed as it's so trivial.
  • Radiohead. I think you either get it or you don't ..........I don't!
  • I

Radiohead. I think you either get it or you don't ..........I don't!

Mrs Otto is a massive Radiohead fan - I can't be having them at all.
  • F@cking Sunday night 8pm and some prick is hammering in the garden
  • Badger said:

T.C.E said:

mid-80's
    I"ll ask @Redmidland he's in his early 90's
  • edited July 2017
    I have a pal who always called his mother Mummy, even in his 60's right up until she passed away......don't know why it should but it embarrassed the hell outa me.
  • The popularity of barbecues.
  • People getting so precious about different types of footwear over on the fashionista's thread.
  • Footwear.
  • Predictive text. Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Predictive text. Why?

To text faster and more accurately?
  • Predictive text. Why?

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't use predictive text these days!
  • Predictive text. Why?

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't use predictive sex these days!
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

If you're bothered by what nobodies on a train think of you then that's a shame. It's been about 13 years since I commuted up to London and yes I used to wear trainers with a suit on the walk. If anyone had said anything about it I would've just laughed as it's so trivial.
    Out of interest, did the suit and trainers ensemble have anything to do with you ending your commute to town 13 years ago ?
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Out of interest, did the suit and trainers ensemble have anything to do with you ending your commute to town 13 years ago ?
    Yes, he was so ashamed that somebody might notice he had trainers on, that he has become a hermit.
  • Predictive text. Why?

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't use predictive text these days!
    Some of us can spell just fine on our own ;)
  • adults moaning about doctor who
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Talal said:

Yes, he was so ashamed that somebody might notice he had trainers on, that he has become a hermit.
    Nailed it :smile:
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

fuck them ! seriously, fuck working in a job where you are deemed to have more brain cells for not wearing trainers ! no amount of money could make me have to be in that enviroment.
  • Barbecues
    Doctor Who
    Belgium
    Boris Johnson
    Chinese food
    Religion
    Christmas Tree farm
    Poetry
    Charlton `Life posters who remember what you posted
    Book of Mormon
    Cinema
    Lego