Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jerome Thomas on the way out?

Comments

• Thomas is very talented but clearly under delivers - happy to see him stay with us but I'd want Pards to bite anyone's hand off for £3m.
  • Thomas out Earnshaw in problem solved

straight swap
  • latest goosip on bbc says Derby or boro
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7195361.stm
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Thomas out Earnshaw in problem solved

straight swap

Oh please = earnshaw is jank. end of.

BUT he's too much of a show pony for me Thomas. Talented as hell but does not do it enough - if we can get £3m i say sell him
  • What does jank mean? sorry i'm not down with it.
  • agree with a lot on here
    would much rather see Thomas go than Reid or any of the others
    he has talent but his attitude is poor and he's simply not doing the business even at this level

which games this season has he won for us?
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]mate, I am having an unbeliveably shite week and it's not your comments that got up my nose....so apologies if my reply sounded sarcastic, for some reason this debate has just rattled me !

No worries, I didn't take offence and my "gloves" point was intended to be provocative. Hope next week goes better for you.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]What does jank mean? sorry i'm not down with it.[/quote]

Think it's a mix of wank and junk??
  • If we are paying £1.5 for gray or even a million someone is going,cos we aint got that money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]If we are paying £1.5 for gray or even a million someone is going,cos we aint got that money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not true Steve I asked the same question & apparently Board has given Pards a small pot of money with no pressure to sell, if he wants more money though he will have to sell. Looks like he is keen on blowing it all on a striker which I have to say is a surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• He sure likes buying strikers!
  • Don't we like us buying strikers....?

Everybody gets excited about buying strikers!
  • edited January 2008
    If you look at the squad, even since Christmas, I suspect he's maybe changed his wishes somewhat (although I'll concede that he likes buying strikers), it's about where the priorities lie. I'm trying to put myself in his mind and I think he's thoughts would be something like this

1. Keepers = no problem - got two/three reasonable ones
    2. Right Backs - Moo2 now starting to play, reserves of Magic, Sankofa, Semedo, and Youga. (may let Sankofa out on loan with recall clause) = no need to bring any one in.
    3. Left Backs - Youga, Basey, Sir Chris, Thatch, Shergar?, = plenty of cover
    4. Centre Backs - Magic, Paddy, Sodje, Fortune. = plenty of capable options now assuming Sodje stays (Even Youga can play there)
    5. Midfield/Wide Players - Reid, Ambrose, ZZ, Semedo, Holland, Sam, Thomas, Racon, even Basey and Varney can play there = plenty of options left and right. Maybe even scope to sell
    6. Strikers - Big Chris, Varney, McLeod, Little Chris = Big Chris good target but some limitations, McLeod, lacking in confidence/inexperienced, Varney, really starting to play well, Little Chris, enthusiastic but inexperienced.

Verdict = need an experienced striker
  • Priority for me is: not enough central midfield of a good enough calibre, nor wingers IMHO, striker next, then a better centre half.

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]If you look at the squad, even since Christmas, I suspect he's maybe changed his wishes somewhat (although I'll concede that he likes buying strikers), it's about where the priorities lie. I'm trying to put myself in his mind and I think he's thoughts would be something like this

1. Keepers = no problem - got two/three reasonable ones
    2. Right Backs - Moo2 now starting to play, reserves of Magic, Sankofa, Semedo, and Youga. (may let Sankofa out on loan with recall clause) = no need to bring any one in.
    3. Left Backs - Youga, Basey, Sir Chris, Thatch, Shergar?, = plenty of cover
    4. Centre Backs - Magic, Paddy, Sodje, Fortune. = plenty of capable options now assuming Sodje stays (Even Youga can play there)
    5. Midfield/Wide Players - Reid, Ambrose, ZZ, Semedo, Holland, Sam, Thomas, Racon, even Basey and Varney can play there = plenty of options left and right. Maybe even scope to sell
    6. Strikers - Big Chris, Varney, McLeod, Little Chris = Big Chris good target but some limitations, McLeod, lacking in confidence/inexperienced, Varney, really starting to play well, Little Chris, enthusiastic but inexperienced.

Verdict = need an experienced striker

Agreed, Bing.

Pards keeps saying we've really missed Toddy and need to replace him.

Not only that - but we're running with only 4 fit strikers.
    Another injury or 2 and we could be really short of options.

That won't help a promotion push.
  • Sounds about right Bing. We can also discuss what type of striker might fit best, but above all one who scores goals would appear to fit the bill.
  • surely the idea of the game is to score more than you let in.....

just a thought!
  • People forget when slagging him off that we only paid £100,000 for Jerome Thomas. Lazy git that he undoubtedly can be he has repaid that fee many times over.

I like him because he offers an outlet and wins free kicks even if he is not getting to the byeline and putting crosses in. Ambrose is not really a winger so unless we get offered silly money (say £4 million plus) I wouldn't entertain selling him in this window. Wagstaff probably isn't ready, Christiansen has disappeared to Holland and Varney (touchwood) is beginning to establish himself as our main striker so let's play him there. Taking all that into account we are short of widemen if we let JT go in my opinion.
  • I agree len we need to bring in someone if he goes.
  • I can not remember 1 positive performance since proberly West ham. When we needed him most he let us down and went all billy big bollox with a certain wannabe wag.

Players like him should be pishing this league yet he can not get into the first eleven due to attitude. When given the oportunity he should have grasped it not sulked and not tried anything over 2 mill and feck him off
  • Sponsored links:

• Spot on nth london, couldn't have put it any better.....get rid.
  • I'm mainly agreeing with you Norfy ......although he was in the team for quite a run, got flu or so we were told, and then kept out by Ambrose & a good team performance.

Managers don't often change a team when it's been playing well.

If he doesn't move, let's hope he takes his chance when he gets back in.
    But I suppose leopards don't change their spots.

Trouble is, it's knowing that he could (or should!) be the matchwinner that does your head in......
  • as much as Dennis did my head in knowing he should be a match winner.He seems to start games well but then fade.Sheff Utd at home springs to mind.
  • Roms best game was against TheGoonershit at the valley he had taken Cashley Cole to the cleaners several times, Cole then gets booked and Curbs then substitutes Rom !!! FFS another of those "what f**kin game are they watching" moments.
  • There is definately no cash unless the shareholders are digging deep or further sales are planned
  • I just hope he doesn't move outside of London as I have shares in China Whites.

Premiership attitude, alas not the application.
  • his omission yesterday signals the end I think.
  • Putting his effectiveness/ineffectiveness to one side, I will be glad to see the back of him. IMO he's a big headed tosser and anyone who witnessed his petulance at the pre season game against Welling a couple of years ago when he refused to sign autographs for the kids on the touchline (when all the other players were more than willing) should agree.
  • the geezer aint only got a chip on his shoulder,he's got a whole fcukin sack of spuds.
  • [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]the geezer aint only got a chip on his shoulder,he's got a whole fcukin sack of spuds.

He's just one Billy Big Bollox and he thinks that talent alone will get him success. He failed to learn that lesson at Arsenal, got himself together for a short while under Curbs. Since then Pards has tried to sort him out again but really only occasionally has he put himself about. I really hope he goes for a decent fee and we re-invest.