Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

B.A. plane crash lands at Heathrow

edited January 2008 in Not Sports Related
Everyone ok, but the plane's a bit of a mess - looks like it's almost had a wing torn off

BBC

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    From the pics it looks like it was lucky not to have landed on the road!
  • Only just cleared the road apparently, before hitting the mud and dirt. Glad no one's seriously injured.
  • Sounds like the plane packed up on the approach and they were lucky to get to Heathrow in the state they did.
  • Just heard that too. If he's managed to glide that thing down, then the bloke is an absolute 'kin legend
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Just heard that too. If he's managed to glide that thing down, then the bloke is an absolute 'kin legend

It could have been a female Pilot...on second thoughts it probably was !
  • Oi!!!!!! Cheeky!

All joking aside - the Pilot (Male or Female) is a total hero for getting the plane down and preventing a complete disaster.
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Oi!!!!!! Cheeky!

All joking aside - the Pilot (Male or Female) is a total hero for getting the plane down and preventing a complete disaster.

or a complete t*t for missing the runway in the first place :-) unless it was mechanical failure.
  • One of the passengers was interviewed on Sky news, says he didn't realise anything was wrong until they had "landed".

Hats of to the Pilot!
  • Another passenger interviewed on BBC hopes he can get his luggage off because 'my life's on that plane'. There wasn't a hint of irony either. Made my evening.

S.
  • Did anyone see the plane spotter being interviewed, he was only there because his girlfriend was having a job interview at the airport (yeah right) and he was waiting by the fence with his camera.
    Plane spotting , what ever happened to good old trains :)
    Still could be worse I know a couple of millwall fans who are woolwich ferry spotters. ;0
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]One of the passengers was interviewed on Sky news, says he didn't realise anything was wrong until they had "landed".

Hats of to the Pilot!

Exactly. This sort of thing has happened over and over for years. 24 Hour News channels need this sort of stuff to fill their time.......

Never treat aircraft problems lightly, but accept that things do happen. The saftey record for UK flights is superb.
  • Soon we'll be boarding pilot FREE airplanes which will be taking off and landing by computers.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Did anyone see the plane spotter being interviewed, he was only there because his girlfriend was having a job interview at the airport (yeah right) and he was waiting by the fence with his camera.
    Plane spotting , what ever happened to good old trains :)
    Still could be worse I know a couple of millwall fans who are woolwich ferry spotters. ;0

My mates brother in law has all the equipment to listen to air traffic control and the pilots and he does all this whilst having a bath ..... and yes , he's palace
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It could have been a female Pilot...on second thoughts it probably was !

If it was, the crash was probably due to her doing her makeup.
  • I heard a cabbie's comment yesterday on the news

"you could tell it was a 757 coming down, it made an almighty noise"

errrr how?!?! a> how often do planes crash land, and b> do they all have their own distinct crash noise?
  • the knock on effect is making me laugh. Why have they cancelled 50 short haul flights any bloody excuse and these airlines will jump on it do they need to cancel those flights
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I heard a cabbie's comment yesterday on the news

errrr how?!?! a> how often do planes crash land, and b> do they all have their own distinct crash noise?

An interesting comment, seeing as it was a 777 that crashed....
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]the knock on effect is making me laugh. Why have they cancelled 50 short haul flights any bloody excuse and these airlines will jump on it do they need to cancel those flights

Errrrm, probably because the plane is still there, blocking one of the runways...
  • I wonder if anyone on the A30 had an 'accident' when they saw that?

Or anyone just getting to or leaving their vehicle in the car park could well of 'pat their shants'
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Soon we'll be boarding pilot FREE airplanes which will be taking off and landing by computers.

Friend of a friend is a commercial pilot and by all accounts that's pretty much what happens anyway other than in an emergency, so much of it is automated.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Or anyone just getting to or leaving their vehicle in the car park could well of 'pat their shants'

I wonder if any of them took any photos, of the plane of course...
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Or anyone just getting to or leaving their vehicle in the car park could well of 'pat their shants'

I wonder if any of them took any photos, of the plane of course...

Careful, do you want me to send you another copy of the rules?
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I heard a cabbie's comment yesterday on the news

An interesting comment, seeing as it was a 777 that crashed....

I can't remember the exact number. whatever, he just guessed the number and said it was obvious what plane it was.
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]the knock on effect is making me laugh. Why have they cancelled 50 short haul flights any bloody excuse and these airlines will jump on it do they need to cancel those flights

Errrrm, probably because the plane is still there, blocking one of the runways...

it's right at the beginning of the runway they could section that off and use the rest of the runway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]the knock on effect is making me laugh. Why have they cancelled 50 short haul flights any bloody excuse and these airlines will jump on it do they need to cancel those flights

it's right at the beginning of the runway they could section that off and use the rest of the runway.

What, and have planes flying over the top of the crashed one as they come in to land? You on a wind up Arf or what?!?!?!
  • Hahaha

This is your captain speaking, please would all passengers shut they're eyes as we approach the runway.

That wouldn't put the shits up you much would it!!!