Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matthew Holland

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Hands up, i've not been his biggest fan over the years. Tell you what though, if anyone put in more milegae today then i'm a dutchman.

Thought it was one of his best matches for a long time. Reckon he thought so too, anyone else notice how he went to every corner of the ground to thank the fans?

Say what you want about him, the man is a true pro.

Comments

• Options
    I wish Id been able to stream it ....... did he have a goodan did he???
  • Options
    Tell you what mate, I thought we were excellent first half. Have never seen Dennis give it so much. Jerome played well as did fat Andy.

Second half was a different story. Thought we gor outgunned in midfield, but Holland stook to the task manfully. JT and FatA both faded badly - understandable in JT's case as he has only just come back from a busted foot.

Have to say again though, for a pro footballer not to be able to last anymore than 60-70 minutes is a total disgrace IMHO. Who knows, if he can get properly fit by, say February, maybe we might stay up!!!
  • Options
    In the same boat as you mate & really cant argue with Hollands performance today. Him & Carson were MOMs for me today. Solid performances from El K (Wish he'd stop hoofing it) & Diawara.
    Was gutted Romm had to come off, he looked well up for it today. Looking to get forward when he could and even got stuck in a fair bit. Nice one Dennis!
  • Options
    Sounds very promising guys....... when the whistle went I was over the moon.....I think maybe dowie is staring to get more out of Rommers he looked to take pressure of us Against Newcastle as well. Maybe he likes Dowie more than Curbs..

Sounds good.....
  • Options
    Agreed. If there is one player I've criticised it's Holland. However he had his best game in a long time yesterday and closed down well most of the time so credit where it is due.

Mind you when we were soaking up all that pressure I would have got Kish on as I think Holland and Faye were understandably tiring towards the end.
  • Options
    Len, let's face it - if you were manager of the Brazillian 1970 World Cup winning team you'd still play Kish!
    ;o)

Agree with you though, I was surprised that he wasn't brought on with 10 or 15 to go just to give some fresh legs to the midfield (for JT?)
  • Options
    He also appeared to be doing the skippers job in the 2nd half. Was always getting instructions from ID and relaying them to the rest of the team.

ps This isn't an underhand swipe at Luke. He wasn't best positioned to be doing this was he?
  • Options
    a west brom fans opinion.classic
  • Options
    Holland stood up to be counted. Man City still got back into it by bossing the centre midffield in the last half hour, so it was a supreme performance, but he raised his game.

I cheered just as much as the goal when Holland took out Joey Barton in the first half. Its been what both the team, and himself have been missing.

Sadly he can't shake off the nice guy bit though as he went over to apologise afterwards !
  • Options
    Ha ha, yeah I saw that. I think he actually went over to apologise TWICE. He obviously didn't fancy the little scouser giving him a good clattering later in the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As for Barton, he's brother will be out, by the time it takes him to take a corner.

Most dangerous side i can remember seeing from corners though. Every single one troubled us.