Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Second goal tonight

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
As much as ElK is guilty, what in gods name was Luke Young doing? if you're with a player, stay with him, don't hand him over to the bloke covering you.

Comments

• edited August 2006
    I disagree, he was the right back and going to cover the wide play man. Elk would have seen him move to cover the wide man yet still decided to do the same rather than moving up to cover saha as well as stopping the wide player pushing to byline as he would have been offside. I don't entirely disagree with your point with young, but as soon as he made the move to block the pass El kak should have moved up to fill the gap.
  • it reminded me of a goal Roy Keane scored about 5 years ago. Same turn in the same box, but from the right hand side.
  • Luke Young had a great game i thought, little blame on him for anything. He looked committed and aware throughout. Probably MOM behind Ambrose
  • Luke was to blame. He was closest man, simple, no arguments. Apart from that he had a good game really. So typically a Charlton performance though. Could have been fat Merv standing out there last season and you wouldnt have been able to tell the difference. Holland was pants, end of. How much work did Van Der Sar have to do.
    Ok, they are one of the best teams in the world (No joke either)and I accept that we dont expect to win BUT, i expected something different from this new generation, maybe no calamitous defending or a team that has 6 or 7 decent efforts in a match, or even a couple of midfielders that dont hide.
    As I said I dont expect much last night, but it wont be acceptable on Saturday against a team on par with us.

Skin