Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton - Jailed

Remanded in custody until 16th January.

The bloke is a complete knob and deserves everything he gets but I'm still suprised that he didn't get bail.

Comments

• He'll get bail when they go to Crown Court this afternoon to appeal the magistrates decision
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He'll get bail when they go to Crown Court this afternoon to appeal the magistrates decision

nicely done! just confirmed bail...
  • And he did
  • edited January 2008
    There you go then, he probably blubbed to the Court about being locked up if the story in todays current bun is to be believed.

He's still a complete knob though!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He'll get bail when they go to Crown Court this afternoon to appeal the magistrates decision

The charge has been upgraded to a more serious level of crime, not sure from what to what but its not looking too rosy for him, how sad, what a pity, never mind. Anyone know what he actually did? Given Bowyer got away with stamping on someones head, it must have been close to murder.
  • according to the BBC he's been charged with "assault occasioning actual bodily harm". Perhaps one of the legal experts could shed some light on what this means.

FTR his brother and the girl he was arrested with were charged with actual bodily harm and affray (his brother) and "common assault and affray" (the girl), they however were bailed on the 28th December. Presumably his offences are that much more serious.
  • at least he got to spend xmas and the new year with his family ;-)
  • just breaking on ssn.
    barton jailed for 6 months.
  • http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/20/newcastleunited.ukcrime
  • so he gets to serve his sentence during the close season , very handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• so the boys who got nicked over in croydon get between 18 months and 3 years and Joey Barton gets 6 months during close season.The system stinks
  • Barton still has the Dabo charges to face yet.
  • abh is a couple of right handers, gbh is a thorough kicking/hospitalisation i think
  • edited May 2008
    Actual BH is not just a slap that is asault. ABH is get a kicking without the below

GBH is stiches, broken bones,stabbing, glassing etc.
  • ok more than a couple of right handers, a couple of lefts too..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so the boys who got nicked over in croydon get between 18 months and 3 years and Joey Barton gets 6 months during close season.The system stinks[/quote]

They were Palace fans though...

I presume the difference in sentencing was down to Barton pleading guilty.
  • Yes i bet his Brief pointed out that "little Joey" came from a good family and was of previous good character.

No hold on a min ?????????? So his cousin is where ? and "little Joey" isnt "Known" to the OB yep yep yep it does stink.