Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McCarthy Slams Fans for Undeserved Abuse

WSSWSS
edited December 2007 in General Charlton
From the official site:

"I took a bit of stick from the fans, which probably wasn't deserved, but I've scored and we've got a draw out of the game, which was what we deserved, so it's happy days all round"

Comments

• he was refering to Leicester fans not Charlton fans
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he was refering to Leicester fans not Charlton fans
    That is not how i read it and as a Sun reporter i can say what i want. so there.
  • He talks about not asking for a transfer and that the clubs dealt without his input. He also promised not to celebrate if he scored which he didnt even though they booed him throughout
  • he was definately talking about the Leicester fans !!

However, all credit to Paddy. Been probably our best player in each of the last three matches. And the game he played b4 this, away at Palace, he was excellant as well. Some have been too quick to jump on his back. Captain material in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]From the official site:

"I took a bit of stick from the fans, which probably wasn't deserved, but I've scored and we've got a draw out of the game, which was what we deserved, so it's happy days all round"

This is hardly 'slamming' the fans tho is it!!! What a stupid headline!
  • seeing as he was talking about the Foxes fans anyway the headline should be changed.
  • have to agree Large. some people seem to think that if they have made a mistake in the last ten minutes then they are useless and forget all of the decent stuff they have done!
  • agreed large
  • Tut tut.

You'll never make a Charlton Life reporter with that sensationalism, WSS :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] Some have been too quick to jump on his back. in[/quote]

Him and others our fans have very short memories one mistake on the pitch and they forget the rest of the game or season were certain players have been good

[
  • Not convinced he'd cut it in the Premiership but at this level you need guts, determination and a work ethic which he appears to have in spades. He also acknowledges the fans so definitely a good man to have in and around the squad this season.

He was unfortunate in that he screwed up early on against Stoke when very much under the microscope as a newbie.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Not convinced he'd cut it in the Premiership but at this level you need guts, determination and a work ethic which he appears to have in spades. He also acknowledges the fans so definitely a good man to have in and around the squad this season.

He was unfortunate in that he screwed up early on against Stoke when very much under the microscope as a newbie.

Not sure any of our current squad would cut it in the Prem. Even Reidy would only be a squad player in my opinion.