Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Leicester ??

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
What do you think Pards will do, and what would you do differently ?

Comments

• Options
    I think he'll bring in Fortune for Sodje and start with the rest of the team that started the Norwich game with Magic at right back and Semedo in mid-field.

Hopefully He'll feel he can give Dickson a run from the Subs bench.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    To be honest, I've lost track of the injuries, but what has struck me recently is our lack of muscle in the middle of the park. Holland is out leader so I'd bring in Semedo (not his biggest fan) and/or Racon (not seen enough of him to know if he's the type we need) to partner him. Having Ambrose, Thomas and ZZ in the same midfiled puts a big ask on the others. Too predictable with Big Chris on his own up front for me. I also don't know Leicester's defensive strenths in the air re playing Chris.

Wish I had the answer. I'm thinking maybe SAM
    HOLLAND
    SEMEDO/RACON
    THOMAS
    ZZ
    VARNEY
  • Options
    Semedo, strange aint it. splits peoples opinion right down the line. I think he could be pards best signing, yet 2 mates think he is s**t ?

As for Racon thought he looked good in cup tie he played.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think he'll bring in Fortune for Sodje and start with the rest of the team that started the Norwich game with Magic at right back and Semedo in mid-field.

Hopefully He'll feel he can give Dickson a run from the Subs bench.

agreed, spot on bing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Semedo, strange aint it. splits peoples opinion right down the line. I think he could be pards best signing, yet 2 mates think he is s**t ?

As for Racon thought he looked good in cup tie he played.

splits opinion in so far as you know two people who think he's shit whereas I've never heard anyone say a bad word against him.
  • Options
    Semedo for me is a class act

our 'water carrier', sits in front of the back four, breaks up their attacks and distributes it without fuss but accurately

perhaps some fans want a more dynamic player at home who gets forward but away from home he's the key man to break up the oppo's attacks and get us going on the counter
  • Options
    I think Semedo is our most important player. You compare how we play when we have him in the side and when we don't.
  • Options
    Totally agree mate and what really proved that for me was qpr at home, we were poor first half then pards took him off and we were totally all over the place second half, we were lost without him!
  • Options
    I'm really impressed with him. He has coped with virtually everything that has been thrown at him including Boxing Day when he filled in brilliantly at right back. He's still learning and occasionally this gets him into trouble. All in all though he's been a great signing and a player who we will struggle to keep if things don't go well for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think Semedo is our most important player. You compare how we play when we have him in the side and when we don't.

Without Semedo: Bristol City away WON 0-1, Burnley home LOST 1-3, Cardiff away WON 0-2, Ipswich home WON 3-1. Hull home DREW 1-1.

Hardly conclusive evidence Carter. The water-carriers job isn't one to catch the eye but a low risk one IMO. Shield the back four, win/pick up the ball and play it easy. I'm not in the 'he's shite' camp by a long shot, but compare him with what Song done last year in a similar role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver

Bougherra
    McCarthy
    Fortune
    Powell

Sam
    ZZ
    Semedo
    Holland
    Thomas

Iwelumo

Subs:
    Randolph
    Varney
    Dickson
    Racon
    McLeod

Think they are all fit and available anyway
  • Options
    I think Semedo may be suspended - he got his fifth yellow vs Norwich.
  • Options
    OS says he's not suspended as one of his bookings was his first yellow before being sent off against Southampton
  • Options
    ok...

But that still puts him on four yellows then, and therefore close to a suspension which we can ill afford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]ok...

But that still puts him on four yellows then, and therefore close to a suspension which we can ill afford.

Hoping he gets through Saturday then picks up a yellow v Colchester, so sadly he won't play against WBA in the cup.

Was not too sure about him early doors as he kept being caught in possession, but has got used to the pace of the game and much les inclined to lose the ball, so yes a major asset now.