Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pride & Premiership DVD

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
I was given this as a Christmas Present and we all sat down and watched the 3 hour long best ever Premership Games (As voted by the fans) yesterday. Great Watch!

I personally think that each player that we have at the moment in our squad should be shown this DVD, to see what great football was played in these games - by playing it on the deck!

Even my Mum picked up on the fact that there was real team spirit & passion on the DVD. Haven't seen much of that recently.

All in all very good value for money - I must admit though we did leave the 2nd disk untill another day as it's last seasons review.... :-( We were all in a good mood an didn't fancy ruining that! :-)

Comments

• can't wait for this seasons championship dvd cos this league's apparently much more exciting
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]can't wait for this seasons championship dvd cos this league's apparently much more exciting

you can see all the great away wins for the 1st time oohaah ;-)
  • Ohh to have the likes of John Robinson, Andy Hunt, Steve Jones, Clive Mendonca, Brightie, Eddie Youds back in our team. Credit to Curbishley on that front.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Ohh to have the likes of John Robinson, Andy Hunt, Steve Jones, Clive Mendonca, Brightie, Eddie Youds back in our team. Credit to Curbishley on that front.[/quote]

I agree with most of these players but Steve Jones.... Are you sure????
  • Yep Steve Jones was part of the squad that got us to the play offs great games against Swindon and Man City away.
  • And that goal up at Anfield in 3-3...
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And that goal up at Anfield in 3-3...

and his celebration that surely must have cost him one of his "veg" :-)

Agree, he did his bit for Charlton
  • I always thought Jonesy got a bit of a raw deal from Curbs. The equaliser at the bin dippers was a special moment
  • did brilliant at Wembley for one of Mendonca's goals. Thought he never really got a fair crack of the whip from Curbs.
  • i thought jones ran his socks off and grafted hard but had limited ability and was never good enough to play regularly in the top division
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2007
    The problem with this year's highlights will be that matches in the Championship are not recorded to the same production standards as those in the Premiership, i.e. less cameras and, at some clubs, less expertise and professionalism because the income isn't there to justify a first-class set-up.

We will do better than we did in 1999/2000 - hard to do worse - but the pictures won't be as good as in recent seasons from The Valley and there's no telling what the standard of coverage will be from some of the away grounds.
  • Don't care Airman, as long as Todorov's winner at Selhurst, and Bryan Hughes corner last week is on it, i'll be happy !