Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day and footballers

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Never really could get my head around this.

Colin Wanker at Palace has given them the day off, said you have to put trust in them and only once in his career has he been let down (and never let that group have Christmas off again).

Our lot are training at the Valley at 6pm, then off to Norwich Christmas night to stay in a hotel.

I know if i was a manager i'd be going down the trust route. Taking players away from their kids and family on Christmas Day is likely to cause more resentment than focus in my eyes.

How do you see it ?

Comments

• Options
    To be honest it's a occupational need with Boxing Day games (winter break anyone...) and the players know and should realise this.

They get the whole day with their families (i know a lot of teams will train first thing in the morning rather than the evening) and train under the floodlights is a pretty decent concession in my eyes.
  • Options
    shall we pop down and watch imagine their faces as a load of pissed up peeps turn up and shout a load of boll**ks.Oh I forgot i do that must Saturdays.
  • Options
    Think the distance to the away game doesnt help... doubt he'd hotel them if we were playing a West Ham, Arsenal, Palace, QPR etc...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]shall we pop down and watch imagine their faces as a load of pissed up peeps turn up and shout a load of boll**ks.Oh I forgot i do that must Saturdays.

lol
  • Options
    would they have the full christmas dinner before with their family? I wouldnt fancy training after one of those...
  • Options
    Football players have enough time on their hands during the rest of the year - and dont forget summer - to be with their love ones. I doubt that their children will be that bothered about not having a 'normal' christmas day considering the expense lavished out on them.
  • Options
    Millsy will have more time with the kids than most whilst Sodje will be able to enjoy a good old NYE knees-up.