Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mobile Phones - Playing Music Through Speakers on Train

WSSWSS
edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
If, theoretically, there were a group of young teenagers (both girls and boys) on a train playing rap music loudly through their mobile phones and despite asking them to turn it off they carried on, what would you do?

I'm especially interested to hear Ketman's views...

Comments

• Play the Kiaora advert back, as Buckshee did on the way to Villa a couple of seasons ago
  • edited December 2007
    Oh Dear was wondering when this would pop up, well if you were me instead of suffering in silence I would hurl abuse at them & threaten them with personal harm until you got a reaction.

If the reaction comes from one of the females of the group you repeat threat until music turned off!

Doesn't really do it justice does it West Side :-)
  • Tell them there is an old deaf woman in the next carriage who can't quite hear their music and would they mind turning it up a bit.

And yes I have actually said this to music players and mobile phone shouters. Doesn't always shut them up but gets a laugh from the other people on the train which normally does the trick.
  • I'd throw their phone out of the window and take my beating like a man

but at least I'd be in pain in peace!
  • Saturday, late afternoon. Train back from West Brom. Train stops somewhere and a bunch of yoof get on, mix of boys and girls, probably about 14/15 years old. One of the girls starts playing really annoying sh1te music through her phone. At the time, it wasnt clear it was the girl.

Ketman "Turn it off you ******" (cant remember what he called them!)

Girl, stands up. "what did you call me?"

Ketman "A ******. Turn it off or I'll put your head through the window"

Silence. Cracking work by the Ketman
  • edited December 2007
    always very satisfying when it works...

not always good when they get a knife out and stab you cos they dont like what you say!
  • Respect, Ketman.

The single most annoying thing about buses and trains these days, bar none. It's even worse when they're on their own. What's wrong with headphones. Nobody wants to listen to your sh1te UK hiphop/r&b/rhianna. Die.
  • the annoying thing is that the music they are "pumping" out is always...100% of the time...CRAP!

I have never heard anything good like a bit of Take That, The Who, Jive Bunny or Wham!
  • edited December 2007
    i think people should start using their phones to pump out classical music full blast as soon as any of that hippadeehop shite comes out from the kids. I doubt they'd continue to do it if adults started, wouldn't be 'cool' enough.
  • I'd rather they played crap music on their phones than do what i saw that Ashley Cole do with his phone the other day on the bus (allegedly!)
  • Sponsored links:

• what was ashely cole doing on a bus?
  • I've had many a row over this, my personal favourite was playing "Uncle Fcuker" from the South Park Movie back at them, the opening line "Shut your fcuking face uncle fcuker" worked a treat.
  • that new advert they keep playing about a new phone or something that goes through all the types of music. at the end.

Head Phones On.

I feel like breaking out into a round of applause.
  • yeah its funny how they never play genesis, perhaps you could ask them if they take requests...

;)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If, theoretically, there were a group of young teenagers (both girls and boys) on a train playing rap music loudly through their mobile phones and despite asking them to turn it off they carried on, what would you do?

Dance along David Brent style. Usually does the trick
  • I'm generally a passive kind of guy and would rarely advocate violence but in the case of morons like these I think it's justified.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Respect, Ketman.

The single most annoying thing about buses and trains these days, bar none. It's even worse when they're on their own. What's wrong with headphones. Nobody wants to listen to your sh1te UK hiphop/r&b/rhianna. Die.

It is worse when they do this in the quiet coach.
  • Coming back from Wembley after the Estonia game couple of months back, two of the dirtiest chav girls youve ever seen got on and proceeded to play utter crap through their phones. Two old fellas, easily in their 70's really put them in their place, much to the delight of everyone. I've never heard such language from a pensioner! They even did impressions of them complete with 'rude boy' language. Brilliant!
    People that do this are just unbelievable. The thing is they know theyre pi*sing people off, that's why they do it. They think theyre untouchable.
  • edited December 2007
    That's the thing. I STILL haven't acosted anyone for this, althoughI nearly did last Saturday. The fact that I bottled it made me even more angry.

It's a test of assertiveness, really. I just think what do I do if they tell me to fuck off, or just laugh... My blood will start boiling and then what. Plus if you can get stabbed to death for asking some c*nt to stop throwing chips at your girlfriend, then you have that in the back of your mind.

Spot on Olly, it's them knowing they're untouchable and that most people are too scared to say anything.

A mate in Wolves actually acosted one of these twats on the bus, threatened to throw his phone out the window, he gave it the biggun, but was aghast when my mate grabbed his hat and actually ended up throwing THAT out the window! He was forced to get off the bus at the next stop to retrive it! I think if you stand up to them, then the majority would prolly end up backing down. It's the others that are the worry.

Very interested in similar tales and well done Ketman!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]I'm generally a passive kind of guy and would rarely advocate violence but in the case of morons like these I think it's justified.[/quote]

BRILLIANT POST!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I've stayed quiet on this up to now because I think I've seen an almost identical to this thread before either on here or on another forum and I've already replied to it. However, Boggzy has hit the nail squarely on the head - it IS a test of assertiveness, clearly. Every generation seems to have something that they do that is deliberately designed solely to piss people off, music played out loud on buses is ours. I have only encountered it once (admittedly that's probably because on 90% of journeys I have my own music playing on my headphones and can't hear anything else). It was on a bus a while back - I asked the chav to turn it off and he said "What you gonna do about it" - my reply was that I would stamp on the ****er until it broke into a million tiny bits, then feed them to him. He was on his todd, so he did indeed shut the **** up but, sadly, I don't think i would be able to moderate my response whether there were one or ten of them, so may well end up getting my shwede caved in one day.

Unfortunately, that's the risk you run when you're not prepared to put up with people taking the p***, and its certainly getting considerably worse in the UK. I am seriously - SERIOUSLY - for the first time in my life, considering emigrating. A month or so ago, some chav tossbags knocked my dustbin over at about 11:00 at night - I chased them down the road with a baseball bat - if I had caught them I would have either battered one of them half to death or been stabbed myself. This country is irredeemably ****ed.
  • The look on that girls face when he replied was brilliant.

The to top it off, waiting she was half way of the train before kissing her teeth.

Great day out.
  • Sounds great public transport shame im going to have to use it when we get to the play off final.
  • What idiot actually thought it would be a good idea to invent a mobile phone that you can actually play music out loud on! I hope he has to get the train to Nokia HQ every morning surrounded by 1,000 chavs all playing some scratchy rap song that there mate wrote because he thinks he's the new Vanilla Ice! Damn him to hell for eternity!
  • I don't think someone who once beat up a bloke who was 'physically challenged' has any right to comment on acceptable social standards, Plaaayer.
  • Now that is a stain on my character, I was 13 years old and I didn't know he had asthma!!
  • I had a similar experience last week in the noodle bar in blackfen, a guy decided it was ok to use the ni**er term twice out loud. I am not black but still find it massively offensive. The person using the phrase was not black and I not even sure that that colour of th person saying it makes it alright to say. But then you get into a whole new debate.

Anyway told him to shut it, he then proceeded to offer my outside, I declined, I went outside later to the cash point to get some money fully expecting him to follow, he didn't and it came to nothing.

But, it is all about the challenge of "you cant touch me" we all know that

It really spoilt my night and pissed me off no end.
  • This happens here in Lyon too. I don't get the bus too often but one day i'll say something. I once had a go at people for blocking the entrance to the metro and when they didn't move I just charged through them. That worked and I might try something similar with the phone problem. Another idea is to tell them that the English lyrics that they are listening to are slagging off the French, Muslims (or suchlike) and that they ought to boycott the song. That would at least confuse them. I find that confusing people normally works because they just don't know what to say or do.
  • Guys, this goes to all you lot who was actually in this situation on the train with the chav girl.Does anyone remember cesc fabregas on the train?If so he is my mate and he was heavily offended lol he also says fair play to ketman.
  • LOL yeah I remember him! We could of been a lot worse to him! He only got a few choruses of 'Woolwich Rejects'... took it well anyway.