Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not a great weekend

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Before I get into trouble i was not sure which category this falls into (some CAFC and some not) so I took a punt ;-)

I decided to take the family out Saturday as apart from this Saturday it is the last day I have off until Christmas day, I did not watch the game trusting that having used SKY+ I could watch it when I got home. The missus spoilt it by telling me the score as soon as I got home.

Then i worked Sunday, the price you pay for running your own small retail business, before being called out by the Fire Service. I know I have mentioned on here before that i am a part time FF in Kent. To be honest I have witnessed a lot of gruesome stuff over the last fourteen years but on Sunday evening I had to put out an old school friend of mine who had doused himself in petrol.

He could not face another Christmas without his kids and so tried to kill himself in front of us, in his mother's garden. Poor bastard will spend the festive period in hospital recovering and then will probably finish himself off in another manner on his release.

Oh well heres to 3 points saturday.

Comments

• Thats terrible......

I have children from my first marriage and its my RIGHT to have them all day Boxing Day...
  • The worst bit is that although his mum called us she was more worried about us messing up her carpets than whether he was seriously hurt.

I cannot imagine Christmas away from my kids other than for football.
  • Well im sure that delightful little christmas tale has certainly brought the moaners back to earth!

christ. how grim.
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

Then i worked Sunday, the price you pay for running your own small retail business, before being called out by the Fire Service. I know I have mentioned on here before that i am a part time FF in Kent. To be honest I have witnessed a lot of gruesome stuff over the last fourteen years but on Sunday evening I had to put out an old school friend of mine who had doused himself in petrol.

He could not face another Christmas without his kids and so tried to kill himself in front of us, in his mother's garden. Poor bastard will spend the festive period in hospital recovering and then will probably finish himself off in another manner on his release.

Can't imagine how bad that must be even if you don't know the person but to see someone you know do it. He must have been desperate.

Lost a very good friend to suicide when we were both 20. What I've never got my head around was that he was very very happy in his first proper relationship with a woman. Was so fearful that it might end, of which there was no indication, he hanged himself at home.

Haven't thought about him for a while which makes me feel guilty now. At least your post has made me do that.

RIP Briz and also Stevie W and Jules. Both taken far too young.

Gump, hope you and the kids have a great boxing day.
  • Thats tough. I cant imagine how he must feel to do something such as this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

Can't imagine how bad that must be even if you don't know the person but to see someone you know do it. He must have been desperate.

Lost a very good friend to suicide when we were both 20. What I've never got my head around was that he was very very happy in his first proper relationship with a woman. Was so fearful that it might end, of which there was no indication, he hanged himself at home.

Haven't thought about him for a while which makes me feel guilty now. At least your post has made me do that.

Gump, hope you and the kids have a great boxing day.

A very good friend of mine died when I was 17 and as you say it is at time like these that you think about them, 16 years on and I still miss him.
  • christmas time... mistletoe and wine... etc etc.

come on people.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]christmas time... mistletoe and wine... etc etc.

come on people.

You're right but "should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind"

Live, love, laugh and be happy
  • Well CFGS people like you are legends end of - shocking story
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

[/quote]

Gump, hope you and the kids have a great boxing day.[/quote]

Thank you and the same for you....
  • Sponsored links:

• blimey, and i have been moaning about mine.

Someone collapssed at the christmas party friday, ambulance called and a dampner on the night. Three hours to get home from London Bridge due to train breaking down, and then the same thing happening to the nightbus.

Charlton lost, palace won, my sunday team lost their first game of the season, and various personal stuff being crap.

By far and away my worst weekend i've had in years, yet nothing compared to the top post.
  • Sorry to bring a downer on things and all. Cheers to you all and lets all hope we have a marvellous weekend this time around and a bloody great Christmas. With three kids it will hectic for me and good as it is my boy's first.

P.s one day i might make the effort to try and meet up with you lot but living in the sticks it is not easy to make your get togethers.
  • Good friend of mine got knicked at Luton v Charlton in 1980 I thnink it was....his old man banned him from attending any more matches and he threw himself of a tube at moorgate christmas eve......I always think of him this time of year....I don't think it was just not being allowed to go to Charlton but he had split up with a girl as well. I always remember a ball of flowers with Charlton across it at his funeral....never will forget that call Christmas morning.....