Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Thin POLICE blue line.

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
The Police to seek a ballot for possible industrial action, this is now a bitter row.

Comments

• Options
    The old bill are not happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ++++. bunch of arrogant, obnoxious tosspots - in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]fuck em. bunch of arrogant, obnoxious tosspots - in my humble opinion.

Don't sugar coat it Off_it, tell it how it is! :-)
  • Options
    they would be mad to strike the fire service is well and truly fucked after the strike. Only got slightly better money but the government is ruining what used to be an efficient service and high in morale, so think what they will do to the Police!
  • Options
    I'm not a great lover of the police but it is an absolute scandal that this duplicitous government should seek to renege on an agreement made previously.

If the police had any sense they could gain public sympathy not by striking but by concentrating on proper crimes such as muggings and the like rather than persecuting motorists for technical offences.

As motorists tend to be punished, at least in part, by fines it would hit the government where it hurts in the pocket and also help the police regain some credibility with the public.

Double whammy!
  • Options
    when the police do their job properly,they are worth every peny and more.we would be completely lost without them and i think they are great.but when they mould into basically traffic wardens persuing an easy touch and not actual criminals,then this feeling is lost.
  • Options
    What you also have to bear in mind is that with double time some PCs in the Met can earn close to £100k pa.

The Times reported earlier this year that the top 20 over time earning PCs earnt close to £1m in o/t between them!!!
  • Options
    FFS WAKE UP!

Crimes like speeding, jumping red lights, etc are exactly that - CRIMES. The sooner the attitude in this country changes on this subject the sooner we will stop having such a horrendous level of road deaths each year. If you don't break the law you don't get fined/put away - FACT. The fact that you may or may not be behind the wheel of a car when you commit that crime is surely irrelevant?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]FFS WAKE UP!

Crimes like speeding, jumping red lights, etc are exactly that - CRIMES. The sooner the attitude in this country changes on this subject the sooner we will stop having such a horrendous level of road deaths each year. If you don't break the law you don't get fined/put away - FACT. The fact that you may or may not be behind the wheel of a car when you commit that crime is surely irrelevant?

Hark at you....
  • Options
    I'm with Dan, I know a couple of coppers and they earn a shite site more than me and don't seem to do the hours I do.

They get a lot more benefits too.

What the government has done is wrong, but they don't think twice about dumoing on the rest of us from a great height so why should plod be any different?