Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bars/Clubs on a friday

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
wheres a good bar/club to go to on a friday night?

Comments

• Options
    Whereabouts you looking to go? City? West End? Kent?
  • Options
    The Millers
  • Options
    Well i normally go venue on a saturday but cant coz got a 1/4 final sunday at 1, anywhere within like 8 miles of eltham really
  • Options
    Friday nights seem to be pretty poor nowadays, I used to always go Langtry's back in the day or Walkabout in Croydon more recently but started football training on Fridays as everywhere just seems so dead.
  • Options
    depends on music? the amersham is meant to be good now its reopened?
  • Options
    The Amersham is really good - I was in there on Saturday night before the Venue and we ended up not getting into The Venue until 1.30 because it was a bind tearing ourselves away. It's a bit more grown up than the Venue, full of New Cross trendys who go to Goldsmiths.

If not there then I'd heartily recommend Plastic Red in Sidcup ;-)

(Not really - unless you're over 45 and into 'Singles' nights).
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    If not there then I'd heartily recommend Plastic Red in Sidcup ;-)

(Not really - unless you're over 45 and into 'Singles' nights).

chances are, you'd bump into our very own 'afka bartram' pulling shapes on the dance floor....or falling up the stairs to the entrance...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]The Amersham is really good - IIt's a bit more grown up than the Venue, full of New Cross trendys who go to Goldsmiths.

sounds hideous
  • Options
    I kind of know what you mean but it did mean it was pretty laid back in there, student type atmosphere which, especially when you've just left the Walpole - which I used to think was an OK pub but now seems to be populated solely by small clusters of cokeheads - I don't think is a bad thing.
  • Options
    Fridays Red Lion DJ Ketters in Full Bling playing his finest wigdey wigdey tunes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the walpole did used to be great, remember going there in the summer when all the students had left and the owner was trying to drum up business. he got me and a mate to have these shots for free that were horrific, they had tobasco sauce in them, and was selling "metz" the drink 4 for the price of 3. he then started a competition between everyone in and outside the pub to make paper aeroplanes to get across a line, was a great laugh.
    the thai food they did in there was lovely. haven't been for a while. but there always seems to be different people behind the bar. with different music being played. once it was cool retro 70s stuff but last time it was a bit too RnB and we only stayed for 1 before going down to the albert towards deptford bridge. thats a great pub too.
  • Options
    get yourself to the Gallery @ Turnmills.. a pocketful of jack & gills.. top notch DJ's.. your be in for a top night!
  • Options
    If you're going to Bexleyheath, then any of the Drayman, Zeros or Affinity are ok on a friday i suppose. Go any further up the Broadway than Affinity and you'll probably regret it though.

But as Red Army says most places are a lot quieter on fridays than saturdays.
  • Options
    oooooh someone mentioned a new bar in bexleyheath to me the other day, its meant to be really good... can't remember the name of it though.

i was in the drayman a couple of weeks ago on a friday and they had lots of live bands which was cool, then went up to affinity which was pretty crowded!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]seems to be populated solely by small clusters of cokeheads - I don't think is a bad thing.

haha im a clustered cokehead!

NOT