Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salvage advice

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Doing a Razil here !

Have an old Victorian fireplace, original tiles etc. that i want to get rid of. Don't really want to put on ebay , does anyone know of any local restoration / salvage yards that might buy this sort of thing ?

Comments

• Options
    Dunno if it's still there but there used to be a fireplace shop at the A102 end of Woolwich Road, they might take it off you.
  • Options
    Opposite the old GDH site - Pub on the other side was/is the Frog and Radiator.
  • Options
    Seers? It's gone, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You could always try Wards, who are by the flyover and also have a place in Sidcup (I think this is who C_f_W means).
  • Options
    Mate

Stick it on Ebay. We had a Victorian fireplace and sold it on Ebay. Nothing fancy. Got £300 for it in the end and the bloke came from the West Country to collect it.
  • Options
    have a word with addick mate Max at westcombes.. look i up on da web dude, or Charlton Charlie might be interested...
  • Options
    my mate sold her conservatory on ebay. it was a 3 sided massive thing that stretched the length of her house and she said she would give the buyers a weekend to come and take it down and take it away. she got £300 for that and it cost her nothing and no effort as she was in that weekend anyway.
  • Options
    even better if it wasnt her house..

;)
  • Options
    My experience of taking this type of thing to these places is that the amount of money you get for your troubles is inversely proportional to the amount of effort spent loading the sodding thing in to the car in the first place and the amount of petrol then used to get to the salvage place...