Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The legend that is Carl Leaburn

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Did anyone else know that Carl Leaburns dad used to work at Lewisham railway station. Just thought I'd share that with the masses.... When we used to go to away game's (and home for that matter) he used to wish us luck on the way through....

Comments

• Options
    wouldn't be suprised if Carl ended up working there himself !
  • Options
    I think Garth Crooks got him on a production training programme at the BBC and he's still there.
  • Options
    i can't help but think he could easily of been a very different player.

Due to circumstances, he was put in too young, and kept in for too long when he desperately needed taking out to rebuild his confidence.
  • Options
    He may have been thrown in too young and persevered with when he should have been introduced slowly, but Carlo had long enough to get it right. Part of the problem was also that he never really had a strong striker to play alongside him so the headers and flick-ons were never really capitalised on - ok for awhile there was Paul Williams and one or two others but Carlo himself didn't have the talent or the hunger to be a selfish goal machine. Ultimately he played his best football for us as a Div Two player and that was the summit of his abilities. Had he been started playing in Div Two/Three and then had a few seasons in the first division maybe things would have been better, rather than the other way around.