Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
I normally park just off Cemetery Lane next to Charlton Park but the traffic going across Woolwich Common is getting worse and my son gets back to his flat in Bow before me and he goes by bus!

Any easier parking choices to get back to Welling / Bexleyheath?

Comments

• Get a 486?
  • lol

that's probably the best way ... and I can have a drink!
  • what about parking at the bottom at the lower road?
  • park on the industrial estate near the Thames Barrier. Can recommend the Greasy Spoon there.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]park on the industrial estate near the Thames Barrier. Can recommend the Greasy Spoon there.

Has to be the best option, does get very slow if you are going back towards the A2 after the match though....

Can't vouch for the greasy spoon though
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]park on the industrial estate near the Thames Barrier. Can recommend the Greasy Spoon there.

Has to be the best option, does get very slow if you are going back towards the A2 after the match though....

I can vouch for both the parking spot and the cafe if it's the one next to Clancy's. I work on the industrial estate behind there and regularly use the cafe - good cold food as well as hot, no way a greasy sppon. For getting back to Welling/Bexleyheath it's a great place to park. If you're there early enough (and I never leave early) once you get past the lights at Francis street and occasionally the ferry roundabout, it's plain sailing - up Burrage Road and it's as if the football never happened.
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]park on the industrial estate near the Thames Barrier. Can recommend the Greasy Spoon there.

I can vouch for both the parking spot and the cafe if it's the one next to Clancy's. I work on the industrial estate behind there and regularly use the cafe - good cold food as well as hot, no way a greasy sppon. For getting back to Welling/Bexleyheath it's a great place to park. If you're there early enough (and I never leave early) once you get past the lights at Francis street and occasionally the ferry roundabout, it's plain sailing - up Burrage Road and it's as if the football never happened.

no, not that greasy spoon. This one is towards Charlton, past the pub on the left with the sloping floor that has now closed, round the roundabout and down towards the Thames. Greasy spoon down there. Run by a Turkish couple whose son is on the books at Reading and is captain of their reserves, currently on loan at Bournemouth.
  • sounds good - cheers