Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What player do you want to lose the LEAST ?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Lots of spec now about us offloading in January.

Which one player out of the whole squad would you like to see leave the least, and why ?

Comments

• Options
    Reid - we would be shit without him, imho reidy is the heart of our team.
  • Options
    Semedo, I think he is really underated.....the rest are replaceable....Mills too, but he aint ours yet is he...lol
  • Options
    Reid me thinks, Mills also would be a big loss, but as Tel say's he's not really ours anyway.
  • Options
    weaver... just think he's as good as we'll ever have as a keeper without being in the prem
  • Options
    Sodje.

Aside from Tuesday we look so much stronger in defence when he is around.
  • Options
    Reid, Semedo, Mills

those who can go: McCarthy, Thatcher, Thomas
  • Options
    For me, its Grant Basey.

Young local kid who's been with the club since a nipper, coming through the ranks and showing good promise, that's what i want to see.
  • Options
    It'd be Yassin for me - though he's not featured much I think he's the one with the most potential
  • Options
    ZZ for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]ZZ for me

would agree with that or possibly semedo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Varney for me - think he looks the part and should be on the pitch now - i understand Pards reasons for 4-5-1 but I want to see this fella play more.
  • Options
    Mills,ZZ,Semdo,Reid
  • Options
    Seriously? ZZ? How can anyone think he'd be the biggest loss? He's the one player Id love to see AP drop to the bench.

Anyway to answer question it'd be Reidy without a doubt.
  • Options
    Ironically Big Chris because I think we'd be in the sh*t up front without him.
  • Options
    Reid for me. Closely followed by Sodje and Mills as I fear what kind of state our defence would return to without them.
  • Options
    Reid, tuesday night proves if he doesnt tick we find it hard to break teams down
  • Options
    He certainly didnt tick at Preston, and we did ok....time to rest him
  • Options
    There would be quite a few. Moo2kil certainly. Semedo and I would say ZZ too, where would we be without his goals this season? Mills and Sodje I would love to see become fully fledged but it has to be Reidy for me. He's not doing it at the moment but he is the heartbeat of the side. We really missed him the last half of last season.
  • Options
    Mmmm, Mills, Semedo, ZZ, Sodje, Moo2 ... but I'll go for Reidy (although Mills is a close 2nd)
  • Options
    Read in the Sun today that Sonko might choose to play for Senegal in the ANC in January. Hope this doesn't mean Reading will want Sodje back. Also how on earth can Coppell think Duberry is better than Sodje?!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Sodje got a lesson off Beattie the other night, but other then that he's been excellent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought Sodje got a lesson off Beattie the other night, but other then that he's been excellent

Thankfully we won't come up against strikers of Beattie's quality every week.
  • Options
    I think Racon or Holland could come in for Semedo and he'd be forgotten in days. ZZ would be a loss if he played at 100%. I always feel there's another 20% in his tank.

Reid for me. International experienced midfielder. The hub of our wheel.
  • Options
    Reidy right now but Moo2kill is gonna be a Charlton star I think so if we lost him in January we might regret it in the future.
  • Options
    Reid
    Sodje
    Mills
  • Options
    Gibbs

:)
  • Options
    Im starting to get really unconfortable about this losing players shit...

money talks EH...
  • Options
    We have a big squad but certain areas need strengthening and it might be a case that a couple of players have to go to make room for a new striker/defender. Especially if Pards wants to make Mills and Sodje permanent signings.

McCarthy doesn't seem to be playing for the reserves, Gibbs is injured, there are doubts over Thatcher and Powell, upfront we need a striker to replace Toddy and help Iwelumo out. McCarthy could go if we get decent monry and can retain Sodje.

One of Thomas/Ambrose/Holland might also get sold if we get the right money, that could free up the money to get a new striker and sign one or both of Mills and Sodje, even if they were both free we'd have to pay signing on fees etc.
  • Options
    They'd be very little money if any changing hands if Holland moved on. Only a 1 year contract.

Pards won't let Holland go, though. He's a cool, old head and Pards has already said Holland has a major part to play in the 2nd half of the season. And he played well enough against Sheff Utd.

Thomas & Ambrose are a different category - surely on the top level of earners and good transfer value.
    Assuming they would otherwise be happy to stay, they'd only move on if the board were anxious for cashflow or , as BFR says, Pards needed funds first before he bought again.

We need Mills & Sodje to stay for their spirit & resoluteness.

Reid will stay if he believes we are on course for promotion.

Pards must already know the areas of the team that need strengthening and who'd he ideally like.
    And who's dispensable. It'll be interesting to find out.