Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BDL - A Request

WSSWSS
edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Sounds petty i know but it's just a little niggle i have.

Why can't the clock on the big scoreboard carry on running after 45mins so we/I can see how much injury time is left?

Sort it out bigman

Comments

• edited November 2007
    good point wss cos it's the most stressful part of the match unless your 3 up or 3 down ;-(
  • I also have a question BDL, What song did you play immediately after the final whistle last night?

Thanks!
  • Warrington Pete is a jinx!

We don't win when he is announcing LOCKED ON FACT!!:-)
  • Len's hit the nail on the head - Pete's the reason we were relegated last year too! ;o)
  • edited November 2007
    Still don't know why, even if it wasn't in a period of cutbacks, that Pete is used....

I may well be wrong but doesn't Dan rather than BDL do the graphics?
  • 1) Pete isn't the Jinx - FACT LOCKED ON (ha ha) - It's Gary Marks from ML Execs (Sound system installer) we haven't won any game he's been at this season - so we've banned him on Saturday!!!
    Funny Pete and I were joking last night that you lot would call him a Jinx!!!

2) Music - Editors - The Racing Rats.

3) Something in the League rules says that we cannot have the clock counting the "additional" time I believe.

4) Dan Bream (Addickted.Net/Breamteam.com) does the graphics - He designed his own system that is far superior to the one we were using before and far more stable!!
  • Thanks for the above BDL :-)
  • Top Tune, top album as well - Have to thank Rothko for putting me on to them!
  • what's the name of the clasical music you play before?

cheers.
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]3) Something in the League rules says that we cannot have the clock counting the "additional" time I believe.
    That's ridiculous. Surely we can just have a clock telling the actual time then, i think most of us would be able to work it out then...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]3) Something in the League rules says that we cannot have the clock counting the "additional" time I believe.
    That's ridiculous. Surely we can just have a clock telling the actual time then, i think most of us would be able to work it out then...

I've got one of those.

It's called a wrist watch ; - )
  • My wrists are too skinny to wear watches. :-(

I just can't believe it's against league rules.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]My wrists are too skinny to wear watches. :-(

I just can't believe it's against league rules.

Fob watch then, look at your mobile or give your wrists some more exercise!

The rule is supposed to stop undue pressure on the Ref I believe. Until a few years ago I don't think you were allowed to even count down the 45 mins, only show the real time.
  • i am tempted to try and get the north stand to count to six everytime the goalkeeper gets the ball.

I think Paddy Kenny and every other keeper (including Weaver) have held onto the ball 10 seconds plus on countless occasions this season - one of my real pet hates.
  • edited November 2007
    olster, the musical score before the match is the theme from the contender.

i only know cos i asked BDL exactly the same question!!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i am tempted to try and get the north stand to count to six everytime the goalkeeper gets the ball.

is that rule definitely still in place cos the keepers/officials don't appear to be taking much notice of it
  • To this day the only time I have seen it implemented was agaisnt Peterson at home against Ipswich.

Winds me up too WSS