Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2nd goal last night...

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Linesman flagged for offside???

Comments

• yep, that's why Mills almost got himself sent off as the ref chose to ignore it
  • having seen the replay on ssn's no one was offside and the goal was right to stand
  • is this true?

Something must have happened - I read that a BBC reporter was saying Weaver had the ball kicked out of his hands.

Did Halsey get involved 'cause Mills was trying to westle the ball off then or was he going to blow for a free-kick.

Weaver thought it was ours - unless that was kidology?
  • the reason it looked like it had restarted was because mills went after the ball to get the game started and it fell to weaver who kicked it out casually and people thought we'd restarted the game. thats what it looked like on ssn to me anyway
  • The way I saw it was that it was a good goal but the lino didn't run back to the half way line, most likely as he didn't realise Halsay had given the goal. I didn't see the lino flag.

Halsay, rather than running back, ran into the goal to stop their players celebrating which may have confused/given an opportunity to Mills to try and re-start the game with a free kick. Mills and Weaver were deffo acting as if it was our free kick but it may well have been a bluff