Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to stop the cheats

It's getting ridiculous now.

Last night Drogba (built like the incredible hulk), was going down under the most weakest of challenges. What a disgrace.

The best one - Deco. Rolling on the floor after a challenge. John Terry then boots the ball at him and, Deco, jumps up to confront him, cured by some sort of miracle.

It's ruining the game. If I want to watch people falling over under the slightest knock, I'll watch American wrestling.

Comments

• you're right.

after five minutes i thought this had the potential to be one of the best ever club matches.

after 25 minutes i had lost complete interest.

why can't players just play football ? i really don't understand the play-acting, half the time they are stopping themselves from an advantageous situation by going to the floor, normally when they have already beat the man.
  • The two teams deserve each other, pathetic. Thing is after about 11-12 bookings not one was for a really meaty challenge, yet both Marques & Carvalho got away with treading on studding their opponents intentionally after the ball had gone.
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]why can't players just play football ? i really don't understand the play-acting, half the time they are stopping themselves from an advantageous situation by going to the floor, normally when they have already beat the man.

There was a good example of that last night. Drogba, I think, in their pen area chasing onto something he could easily of made with a bit of effort. Instead, he goes down and claims a penalty... that isn't sport. Stick him in a pair of tights and give him a panto appearance...
  • the FA/UEFA/FIFA should how the power to review any blatent diving after a game has finished and administer an immediate 3 game ban............it would soon stop...
  • [cite] Medders:[/cite]The best one - Deco. Rolling on the floor after a challenge. John Terry then boots the ball at him and, Deco, jumps up to confront him, cured by some sort of miracle.

Lol medders, i saw that incident, and it was my mrs who put that spin on it too, it did make me laugh,he was dying and writhing round in utter pain, then a ball gets kicked into him and suddenly he is up fighting!

I fecking hate barca, infact i hate all spains teams. I know chelsea aint exactly a proper english club anymore, but i still found it funny when they scored to make it 2-2!
  • They'll do nothing, since Barca and Chelsea have too much money and power.

It's a bit naive of me, I know, but I expected better from Barcelona. Nothing Chelsea does ever surprises me nowadays.
  • Can i just say amoungst this 'holier than thou type of opinion' that is sweeping accross the media at the moment...

I absolutely loved this game. Like the Portugal Vs Holland game in the world cup where people complained the game was ruined. Nonsense! If both teams want to needle, dive, whinge, moan,stamp and kick each other while at the same time playing some sublime football than thats fine by me, I thought it was a wonderful game to watch... would you have prefered to watch the first game again which was a total snoozefest?

The only time i have an issue with these antics is when one side doesn't want to play football and one wants to cheat. If two teams want to cheat then great it makes entertaining football.
  • i'd say the "highlights" of the game, taking away all the rolling around and stopping and starting, maximum 15 mins last night

no trickery, no amazing goals, no attack on the break, thats what i wanna see, not the ref every 10 seconds blowing his whistle and getting out another card, and definately not missing half the action as the cameras were showing the 15th replay of an incident, and missing more action
    last night those cameras were terrible. they missed loadsa stuff!
  • Yeah the cameras were toilet, i agree.
  • Im just watching the rerun on ESPN....... the thing that really annoys me is Mourinhio is obviously giving instructions to Drogba to act like a complete t##t as he went for falling over people and tripping himself up and making an idiot of himself 4 times in the first twenty mins.... so its obviously on Mourinios instruction.....

I spose though if we were ever playing at this level we would probably do EVERYTHING in our power to help our selves, or would we do the polite Charlton thing?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen the Deco thing..... falls over and screams like hes just seen his wife murdered.... gets the ball kicked at him and stops acting..... Man that really winds me up......... the authorites have to do something.....

But the're scared to make someone the scape goat.....
  • I thought at this World Cup they had made encouraging the ref to book someone a mandatory yellow card, or was that just waving an imaginary yellow card? By the letter of the law it would have been about a five a side game by the end of the night. Both teams circled the ref like a pack of wolves at every opportunity.
  • its ridiculous and its seems much worst than it used to be... I remember all the hype around the Italy 90 world cup and klinsman diving everywhere and all that stuff....... realistically I think this is FAR worse, its every where Drogba, deco, robben, ronaldo C, Winds me right up..... particularly when it bacomes transparent like with Deco and ZERO will happen.......flannel
  • things are starting to creek into sunday league as well. Not only is players putting pressure on refs increasing, so are sly little tricks.

We fell foul at the start of the season with a player taking a corner, the someone else shouts 'i'll take it'. what you don't realise as the first player walks away is he has rolled it an inch with his studs. The other player runs over then dribbles the ball into the box. Its in the rules, but its awful play. Its obviously going round the league as its been tried against us 3 times now, and we're wise to it. Would never let my players do that though.

We've also had this season players holding the ball in the corner flag in the last minutes of games when they are 1 goal up. Its not how the game should be played at any level, let alone ours. A couple of mine went to do it the other week when we were winning, and i screamed at them not to.
  • That Corner Routine we used to employ in the Surrey County League for Chessington White Hart about 10 years ago, got us a few goals as I recall. Then we fluffed one up & never bothered trying again. I always thought it was cunning play, interesting that you do not think it is sportsmanlike.
  • Is the corner routine any different to a 'quick free quick' though? Down to the defending team to be switched on...
  • a quick free kick is a lot more visable, plus the referee is fully aware of the situation.
  • lino should be aware of the corner situation, if he's paying attention.... ;-)
  • We always used to speak to the ref before the game about it so he was fully aware we were gonna try it at some point.
  • Think it's one of those things that's great if you're doing it, not so great if it's being done to you....

AFKA is just upset that he didn't think of it first ;-)