Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Sheff Utd - match

Comments

• Foul by Jerome Thomas (Charlton) on David Carney (Sheff Utd). Placed penalty taken right-footed by James Beattie (Sheff Utd) (bottom-left of goal), scored.Charlton 0-1 Sheff Utd.
  • Palarse are losing if its any consolation.
  • A little but not really.
  • i'd definitely take a draw now, i thought 4 points from saturday and today would be fine as long as we did well against burnley and ipswich

got to pick up now, get to half time and sort things out

BBC have said it's a "quiet valley" about ten times already and apparently we haven't had a shot for 25mins
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Palarse are losing if its any consolation.

no consolation now!
  • And now they've equalised (Palarse that is).
  • edited November 2007
    Hi Guys, lost my bbc on line radio connection.
    Have I missed anything else?

Bird commentating says no noise at the Valley and it's quiet except for Sheff U supporters

Half time
  • we have had 1 corner compared to 6 from them sums up the first half really
  • Nothing in it up til the Penalty. They didn't really threaten and we were limited to long range shots. Our game has gone to pieces since we went behind and we've become too predictable with the high ball looking for Big Chris. Started being out muscled in midfield. Crowd started off ok but have now gone very quiet. Things can only get better in the 2nd half.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Pards will go 4-4-2 and bring on Varney or stick with it?
  • Burnley taken lead at Watford - Come on Charlton
  • Varney on
    Holland on for Samedo
  • Yep 4-4-2.
    Varney on for Sam and Holland for Semedo.
    Pardew's changed it around
  • edited November 2007
    Beattie has gone right through Sodje, left dead on the floor.

But he's up now.
  • Beeb just said: " Finally the Charlton supporters have at last found their voice"
  • edited November 2007
    Varney just nods wide of the post

Varney's added a sparkle to Charlton.

Beattie's just taken out the lino and left him on his arse ha ha!
  • edited November 2007
    Just been said on the radio said the crowd are not getting behind Charlton and it's making it easier for Sheff Utd.
  • Big Chris heads over from Thomas cross
  • edited November 2007
    Can't get used to a female comentator, don't mean sound sexist but surley just a mans job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Varney shot bobbles just wide of the post. Good passing build up, bad bounce as Varney tried to shoot.

Sodje down clutching his knee
  • 20,000 in the ground.
  • Agree with you there, she's rubbish and her voice really grates on me
  • Can here the crowd now. Reid free kick just outside the box. Looped high over the bar.
  • 2-0

offside though
  • Thank F*ck for that, offside :)
  • 0-2 nope offside against Beattie. Basey shaky
  • C'MON CHARLTON. Sort it out!

Double save by Kenny, corner. Thomas cross, Mills shoots.
  • edited November 2007
    If she says 'this is not the best game in the world' again im gonna put my fist through the screen.

Mills and Ilwelumo denied by two great saves by Kenny.