Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In the past 12 months....

54 club managers have parted company with their clubs.

Unbelievable.

Comments

• I wouldn't mind if it could be proven that a change of manager produces positive results. Normally has very little affect ...........
  • it normally just means the next bloke gets sacked for spending most of his time dealing with the rubbish he got left with.....
  • I think the school of Sack The Manager If You Can't Beat Brazil is a depressing and instant fix part of the game that really needs to be condemned.
  • If we had stuck with Dowie or Reed would we be in the position we are in at the moment??

Without a doubt, both would have still got us relegated. But i think we'd be scratching around at the bottom of this league instead of pushing on to win it.
    So there is an argument for getting rid i suppose.
  • Although I agree mostly with your post, carly burn, I have been astonished at the fact that over the last 2 years we have had 4 totally different managers and as of this season mainly different players but yet we are still unable to:

1) score direct from a corner

2) shoot from distance

3) take defenders on, beat them and send in crosses from the byeline.

4) leave at least 1 up when defending a corner

Points 1&2 especially grate on me........or is it that Curbs, dowie, Reed & Pards all went to the same school of football coaching.
  • I would adjust point 1 to beat the first defender from a corner! Our corners have been crap for ages, since Jensen, and even he was inconsistent.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Although I agree mostly with your post, carly burn, I have been astonished at the fact that over the last 2 years we have had 4 totally different managers and as of this season mainly different players but yet we are still unable to:

1) score direct from a corner

2) shoot from distance

3) take defenders on, beat them and send in crosses from the byeline.

4) leave at least 1 up when defending a corner

Points 1&2 especially grate on me........or is it that Curbs, dowie, Reed & Pards all went to the same school of football coaching.

1) Didn't Sammy boy do that against Cardiff? and ZZ from another set piece?

2) A goals a goal innit

3) You'll have to remind me about the two late goals Big Chris scored lately.

4) Meh
  • 4 successive wins and 4 successive clean sheets.

Pards must be doing at least something right........?
  • Oggy - its not the point of Pards doing some right.....it's all about the right to moan on any trivial matter. And if there isn't one....then we have the right to make it up and moan about that......I also have the right to rest my case.
  • We are very lucky that Egg head at West Ham got rid of poor Alan at the right time. The board should of got a next level manager after curbishly went ho hum that history now.
  • Sponsored links:

• It wasn't so long ago that we were sitting at the head of the mad management swap table. In time we will know if it has worked out for us, but after 14 years of AC followed by all that change, I suspect that our board's outlook, or moreover lookout, is now to prepare as much for short term change as having a long term plan.
  • Christ, it wasn't until I read some of the comments on here that I realised just how proper shite we really are. I mean, I was trundling along, minding my own business and then I realised that it's a good few years since we gave someone a proper beating - so really we are just dog wank.

(By the way, I reckon we will give someone a proper tonking - i.e. score 5+ before the year is out, you mark my words!)
  • But thats the problem, it doesn't matter who's in charge......we don't give clubs a tonking....EVER.

So far this seson Ipswich and the Saints have scored 6 goals in a game, the last time we did that I think was in the late 70's (against the Saints) - 30 years ago !

Even when we went up as Champions I think we only scored 5 twice (Grimbsy away & WBA home) and I think that was about the last time.......7 years ago !

5+ goals in 1 game........pah.
  • Oh Golfie - either you are one seriously good wind up or else you really need help!

You can't moan that we don't hand out regular beatings to people, surely? And to compare us with Southampton - a team that have taken some right meaty tonkings already this year - is plain daft!

Actually, having read your post again I KNOW you're on a wind up, so fair play!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]But thats the problem, it doesn't matter who's in charge......we don't give clubs a tonking....EVER.

So far this seson Ipswich and the Saints have scored 6 goals in a game, the last time we did that I think was in the late 70's (against the Saints) - 30 years ago !

Even when we went up as Champions I think we only scored 5 twice (Grimbsy away & WBA home) and I think that was about the last time.......7 years ago !

5+ goals in 1 game........pah.

I'm feeling much much happier now. I was worried that with four straight wins and four straight clean sheets our "positivity challenged" fans would explode with nothing to vent their moans about but it's OK they can have a moan that we don't beat times 6 or 7 nil.

Everyone happy now? Good. now take a deep breath and imagine you are on a beautiful sandy bench, relax..........
  • I am not comparing us to Southampton , or Ipswich for that matter.....merely pointing out a fact that was raised by Off It that we havn't scored more than 5 goals in one game for almost 30 years.

This is not a moan , or a rant, simply an observation. I began my answer earlier by pointing out that recently we have had 4 different managers, but as far as I can see there has been no real difference in the way we play. pardew has at least got us attacking more, but can anyone one honestly say that since Curbishly left you can see a marked difference in some of the players ?

ie, the likes of Ambrose, thomas or sam........are they shooting anymore than they did - no. Are they getting to the byeline and whipping in crosses - no.

So, my answer to the main thread of does changing your manager make much difference then my answer is no, not really.
  • This thread is funny. I can see us now, spanking someone 8-0 and good ol Golfie, asking why we haven't scored ten since 1908..... :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]This thread is funny. I can see us now, spanking someone 8-0 and good ol Golfie, asking why we haven't scored ten since 1908..... :-)

no chance, we never beat teams by more than 5. FACT. It's bad manners to show up a guest by thrashing them and would spoil the director' after game drinks so all managers are ordered to stop at 2 or 3 goals.
  • I've been saying all season that we are going to give someone a right good old hiding...probably when you least expect it.....so watch out the Baggies!