Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Davies bites the dust

sacked by Derby, nice job for McLaren to walk into.

Comments

• Can't believe that,he gets them promoted in his first year,and they are strugglin this year,what did they expect top friggin four.
  • new owner no affinity to club , looking for a quick buck what a helmet that fellow is... i mean who the fcuk can save them
  • They've obviously not looked at Watford over the past 3 seasons...
  • always thought that the safest job in football was that of a manager who takes his team into the premeirship- well during the first season anyway.

Just shows what i know..

Be interesting if McClaren does get/ want the job, and if he can acheive anything.
  • Adam Pearson (ex-Hull Chairman) said Davies's job was safe and that he was the best man to get them back up if they did go down. So what's changed in a few weeks?

Does anyone remember which job that Davies was offered before Derby? : - )

McClaren was a coach and player at Derby but I would have thought he could afford to wait for a better job than that.
  • pure Madness
  • Must have been all of those 7 goal drubbings
  • Chance for a certain Sky Blues manager to dust out his copy of Roaring on The Rams?

It gets harder and harder to imagine how anybody would want to be manager of any club aspiring to and achieving promotion to the Prem on a relative shoestring. As I understand it, he got the club up earlier than planned. Now they've pressed the chicken switch - unbelieveable. I suppose its a case of new investors, new priorities. Frankly the excuse given by Pearson that Davies spoke out of turn is just a convenient fig leaf to cover up the decision. I hope they appoint Dowie, and give him the £12 million to spend on another barrel of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think you've briefly touched upon it, Bing - the relationship deteriorated between Chairman & Manager to the point that communication had broken down. One of them has to go and it's invariably the manager's position that's untenable.
  • A shame for Davies, but it seems that the relationship between the manager and the new chairman had broken down pretty much irretrievably.

He'd be a good manager for a team in the CCC to acquire, his record over the last few years has been pretty impressive - twice in the play-offs with Preston, followed by promotion at Derby all without spending lots of money.

Who will be next? I think Benitez who seems to have similarly fallen out with the new owners at Liverpool.
  • Have never really rated Benitez that much. I know I might be in the minority - but the fella just annoys me. Every time he comes on the TV I want to punch the screen.
  • Radio (XFM) were reporting that Betting firms were not taking further bets on Paul Ince replacing him!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Have never really rated Benitez that much. I know I might be in the minority - but the fella just annoys me. Every time he comes on the TV I want to punch the screen.

Benitez is a control freak who has more faith in his own systems than he has in his team and his players are getting mighty peed off with it. He would be happier at home with a copy of Fifa 2007. Then he would be in complete control of his players.
  • I bet Milan Mandaric is gutted that he appointed Holloway just before a proven CCC manager like Davies becomes available...

Who on earth would want to manage Derby at this stage? They are in an even worse position than we were in that they have no saleable assets apart from Barnes who surely won't fetch more than 5 million.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I bet Milan Mandaric is gutted that he appointed Holloway just before a proven CCC manager like Davies becomes available...

Give it a month Ormy and with this ridiculous merry go round you never know.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Radio (XFM) were reporting that Betting firms were not taking further bets on Paul Ince replacing him!

I'd like to see that as it means all the moaners will stop going on about black managers not being given a chance and hopefully it will wreck the chance of the MK franchise F.C getting promotion