Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea

No problem with their true fans, but am beginning to hate everything about that club. The first big British side i've wanted to fail abroad.

How can you be so good, yet have so little class ?

Comments

• And did Lampard mean that goal ?

I'm not so sure, i thought he was just lifting it back over into the mix ?
  • I reckon he meant that and I thought it was class, what about the Cole booking thought - it certainly looked to me like he was booked twice, I reckon the ref lost it a bit at that point and didn't really know what to do
  • That game last night was worth watching just for the pathetic attempts of both sides to get as many of the opposition booked/sent off as possible. Somewhere in between a half decent game broke out. Still with players like Deco, Robben, Drogba on show I did not really expect much more than a diving championship. Thought the referee had an average game at best but when you have the world tv, 100,000 in the stadium & about 5 players from each side surrounding you every other challenge asking for players to be booked what do you expect, the players did not help the ref at all last night. The only ref that could of handled that game has retired I believe, Collina would not have put up with any of that sh*t last night.
  • I reckon Drogba spent 8 of the first 10 minutes laying on the ground....
  • He looked like he was sunbathing at one point.......
  • AFKA ... why?

They dont bother me.
  • [cite] Riscardo:[/cite]AFKA ... why?

They dont bother me.

I don't like the way they have completely forgotten their roots.
    I don't like the way they have failed to assist loyal ex-players who have fallen on severe financial troubles.
    I don't like the way the spent with no concern of the consequences, yet got rescued by overseas, possibly illegal funds.
    I don't like the way the blew the transfer market out the window, at the time it was settling down.
    I don't like the arrogance of their manager. The gamesmanship, the throwing of medals into the crowd etc.
    I don't like the way they are encouraged more than most to put pressure on refs and damage the opposition by sly means.
    I don't like the cautious-first tactics they employ, despite the quality of individuals.
    I don't like the way they float both rules and ettiquettes, tapping up more than any other club knowing they can buy their way out of punishment.
    I don't like the way they transformed a football ground into a hotel / restaurant complex.
    I don't like the way despite their bottomless pit, they are helping to price the average fan out of the game.
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]
    [cite] Riscardo:[/cite]AFKA ... why?

They dont bother me.

I don't like the way they have failed to assist loyal ex-players who have fallen on severe financial troubles.
    I don't like the way the spent with no concern of the consequences, yet got rescued by overseas, possibly illegal funds.
    I don't like the way the blew the transfer market out the window, at the time it was settling down.
    I don't like the arrogance of their manager. The gamesmanship, the throwing of medals into the crowd etc.
    I don't like the way they are encouraged more than most to put pressure on refs and damage the opposition by sly means.
    I don't like the cautious-first tactics they employ, despite the quality of individuals.
    I don't like the way they float both rules and ettiquettes, tapping up more than any other club knowing they can buy their way out of punishment.
    I don't like the way they transformed a football ground into a hotel / restaurant complex.
    I don't like the way despite their bottomless pit, they are helping to price the average fan out of the game.

I agree totally afka. Good post man
  • Is that all Smudge? God talk about making a mountain from a molehill....
  • I don't mind John Terry though...
  • Sponsored links:

• John Terry is a nonce FACT. All the Chelsea old school I know hate him for that.

Good footballer though.
  • explain yourself southend.
  • be careful with this one mate. May i recommend the use of the whisper function !
  • I cheered when they scored the equaliser last night. Not sure if it was just because I hated the way barca players were acting up (although Chelsea, esp Drogba were as bad at times).
    The only time I've been gutted to see an English club win something was when Man Utd won against Bayern with those two late goals. I didn't like them at all at the time and can't explain why.
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]be careful with this one mate. May i recommend the use of the whisper function !

can you whisper your libellous accusations to me too pls? ta :-)
  • I thought it was in the NOTW and therfore common knowledge? We're talking about the 16yo right?
  • Err, sorry thought this was fairly common knowledge.

Im saying nothing else or AFKA wont talk to me again :)

Im right though :)
  • you can say what you like in a whisper!!!!
  • Agree with Mr Stone about cheering when Chelsea scored the equaliser, which was strange because in the first leg I was on the side of Barca.
  • Sponsored links:

• same here. i went home with the desire to support barca and changed my mind.

stone only changed his mind because his wife supports chelsea and was giving him digs when he was cheering on barca.
  • I bought bookings on the betting spread, so I was cheering every yellow - damn those red cards that should have been!!
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]
    [cite] Riscardo:[/cite]AFKA ... why?

They dont bother me.

lol ....

Blimey, their roots!!!!!!
  • watched the game in a bar in Rotterdam, and the Dutch loved it when Chelsea scored.

Thought the game was fantastic, quality football, with a dirty nasty edge.
  • A good list AFKA...but many of those things they were doing before Abramovich came to Chelsea. Under Bates Chelsea ran up debts of £100M and played their part in the corruption of football. Remember it was also Bates that once advocated electric fences at stamford Bridge and Bates who could never stomach a big name manager, preferring instead a succession of talented ex-players who were media friendly but poor coaches.

What I hate about Chelsea is that pre-Jose they were a soft touch, that a determined team, consisting of lesser players could turn up and beat their collection of expensively assembled show ponies and knock them down a level, remind them that are mortal.

Jose has made them into a good team, and if they play defensive first football then I can't really fault that, even if I dislike it. What I also dislike is the media fawning over them. Mourinho is an intelligent man, he's taken a club that has underachieved for a couple of generations and turned them into winners. How do you motivate players week-in, week-out and who earn several times more in a week than many of us earn in a year, to keep winning? Like Ferguson at Man U he uses the media well, the everyone hates us mentality is what drives him on. He knows that by being controversial he'll get quoted and it helps to build that siege mentality that players and their fans love to build up around the big clubs.

But Mourinho is only as good as the results, he's overdue a difficult season and despite spending hundreds of millions success will be nothing more than winning the European Cup.