Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sodje family?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
I see a Sodje was taken off seriously injured for Gills today. Wish him a swift recovery but is he related to Sam?

Can anyone explain how all the Sodje's etc are related if at all and this many members of one family all playing league football at the same time some sort of record

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Sodje = Smith

However: Efe (Gillingham), Sam (Charlton), Akopo (Darlington) and Steve (Rymans Premier side Hampton and Richmond) are brothers ; and nephew Onome, is the nephew and currently at Ebbsfleet.
  • edited November 2007
    Sodje does NOT equal 'smith'. Its not that common a surname. All of them are related

EDIT - LOL - looks like you wikipediaed it whilst I was typing...
  • There's some genes in that family, though, that's for sure.
  • And another plays Rugby League (not enough skills to play footie obviously)

And isn't Akepo at Sheff Wed?
  • Looked a bad injury but he's ok apparently - just has a bad cut.

13 minutes of time added for that. Had to be given oxygen on the pitch after being unconscious for 2-3 minutes...
  • Onome is at York City, he was on loan from Charlton at Ebbsfleet, we released him in the summer.

I understand there are 8 brothers! Once the next generation start every team will have a Sodje
  • A whole team?

Sod that for a game of Sodjes.... :o)
  • And it's Sodje, to Sodje, square to Sodje, great though-ball in behind Sodje and Sodje, Sodje looks to run on to it, Sodje with the shot, oooh great save by Sodje.
  • [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]And it's Sodje, to Sodje, square to Sodje, great though-ball in behind Sodje and Sodje, Sodje looks to run on to it, Sodje with the shot, oooh great save by Sodje.

Oh Sodje'it he's missed it again!!
  • I was surprised we let Onome go.

I think he is still only 18 or 19 and he scored quite a few for Gravesend and Northfleet, Ebbsfleet or whatever you want to call them.

When you consider that we've (rightly) gone after a 22 year old Dickson I wonder why a younger Onome didn't get more of a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And another plays Rugby League (not enough skills to play footie obviously)

And isn't Akepo at Sheff Wed?

Bright Sodje started off playing Rugby Union at Blackheath I believe and transferred to Rugby League later.

It does seem that they are a local family so that might encourage Sam to stick with us.
  • so can we sing a song for sam sodje.

he aint efe
    he's his brother.

*actually heard a few years back (brentford ?)
  • Onome is York City's top scorer 7 league 2 cup. Of course doesn't mean he would make it at this level
  • starting to rival the Regis family in sporting prowess ??
  • The bloke who stands next to me loves sam sodge, its well funny! Anyone remember that far back when we played cardiff he was the one who started 'we've got sam sodgee, he's effing quality'
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]starting to rival the Regis family in sporting prowess ??

Yeah, but still not up there with the Kimble family - not just yet.
  • A potential new song:

Your brother is your brother,
    The Sodje Family!
  • edited November 2009
    haha I was thinking about that yesterday.

Don't forget Onome, who used to play for our u18s, is either their cousin or nephew.

Your cousin is your nephew,
    The Sodje Family!
  • we were singing yesterday

we've gone and signed his brother
    we're going to sign his mother
    we're signing one & other
    the sodje family
  • Either devoute catholics or they never had a tv..
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]so can we sing a song for sam sodje.

he aint efe
    he's his brother.

*actually heard a few years back (brentford ?)

Genius , get it going!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we were singing yesterday

we've gone and signed his brother
    we're going to sign his mother
    we're signing one & other
    the sodje family

I like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Sodje does NOT equal 'smith'. Its not that common a surname. All of them are related

EDIT - LOL - looks like you wikipediaed it whilst I was typing...

I'd imagine that the equivalent if Smith is Smith. I'm no expert, but don't think there was a huge tradition of metalworking in West Africa before the Europeans came.

• He can't be committed, he's on loan. Send him back. Parky out. Etc. ;-)
  • we used to have Onome Sodje at the club :O only just found that out
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite] I'm no expert, but don't think there was a huge tradition of metalworking in West Africa before the Europeans came.

Have you never heard of Gold?
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I'm no expert, but don't think there was a huge tradition of metalworking in West Africa before the Europeans came.

Have you never heard of Gold?

LoOkie ......doesn't that belong on the Takeover thread ....?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]we used to have Onome Sodje at the club :O only just found that out
    Yeah and he's at Barnsley now (well on loan at Oxford), despite from what I heard, not even doing that well at York towards the end of his time there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]we used to have Onome Sodje at the club :O only just found that out
    Yeah and he's at Barnsley now (well on loan at Oxford), despite from what I heard, not even doing that well at York towards the end of his time there.

Perhaps The Sodje Family should have a word!