Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Party Music

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
As you probably know this( Music) is not my strong suit.

However, I am shocked by my daughters preferred playlist for her 18th. Feck me but even I have heard of some of them.

Could some of the younger members confirm that she is not a complete wierdo by suggesting their own top ten party songs?

Comments

• Options
    what are the songs?
  • Options
    How are you defining "younger"?? ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]what are the songs?

How the feck would I know? I don't do music but the titles I can remember from her list are:

Lost in Music - I think I may have heard that one but not sure

Dancing Queen - Think its ABBA didn't two tarts sing it at the Valley once?

Boogie nights - again think i've heard of it but could be a film

Staying alive - Film soundtrack ?
  • Options
    I think Dancing queen would be in a lot of older people's choice for Party music for sure. As would anything by Sister Sledge. Party stuff not my favourite type of music but very popular nevertheless.
  • Options
    not sure on a top 10, but it would include, build me up buttercup by the foundations, you've got the love by candi staton and I'm in the mood for dancing by the nolans.
  • Options
    Grease Mega Mix, and the Les says along to lead the dancing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not sure on a top 10, but it would include, build me up buttercup by the foundations, you've got the love by candi staton and I'm in the mood for dancing by the nolans.

young hearts run free - is my candi staton tooon!
  • Options
    You'll know those songs when you hear them - 70s classics!
  • Options
    Christ JW you old git! Most of them are classic golden oldies in my eyes :-)

What will confuse you even more will be when 'Soulja Boy' starts and they all do a wierd dance together - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vum3qgoh0x4&feature=related
  • Options
    1) Panic by the Smiths
    2) Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis
    3) Jump Around by House of Pain
    4) London Calling by the Clash
    5) Town called Malice by the Jam
    6) 99 Problems by Jay Z
    7) Rabbit by Chas n Dave
    8) There is a light that never goes out by the Smiths
    9) Generator by the Holloways
    10) Mardy Bum by the Arctic Monkeys

They're the 1st 10 that came to mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JW

She is either very retro or old before her time. Hope there are some modern tunes in their as well.

Sounds like the sort of songs Lady Irving was dancing to when she was much younger AND the songs she was singing along to at a 40th birthday party at a Kareoke club. Thankfully all "girls" so I didn't have to go listen to it.

There also sang I predict a Riot and I Will Survive as well as Dont let the sun go down on me. Cringe : - )
  • Options
    Good list cunning! Sadly it sounds like disco dolly music is the order of the day for JW's daughter, but good for her for listening to something that was around before she was, even if it is garbage.
  • Options
    for that sort of music what about Dancing In The City by Marshall & Hain ?

Otherwsie:
    Common People, Come On Eileen, Pumping On Your Stereo, Here Comes Your Man (Pixies), Shining Light/Burn Baby Burn, Take Me Out, Fluorescent Adolescent, Dreaming of You (Coral), Somebody Told Me, Cool For Cats, Somewhere in My Heart, Another Girl Another Planet, Lovecats, Ghost Town, You Can't Always Get What You Want,

*** STOP - I'm going too far back ***