Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Human Resources B/S

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
A mate of mine has just forwarded me the following email that has just been sent round by his HR department.

“Due to the increased size of the bank’s platform, the cross-functional holiday celebration will not be held on an on-going basis. This decision has been made with consideration of increased cost and logistical challenges and an analysis of practices by peer financial institutions”.

Which all apparently means that they are not having a Christmas party this year!

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely priceless
  • Options
    do they know it's Christmas time at all?
  • Options
    Typical corporate jargon!!

"cross-functional holiday celebration"?? What the f**k is wrong with calling it Christmas?

Will they be changing the name of Diwali, Yom Kippur and Ramadan as well..........................Bollocks they will
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Will they be changing the name of Diwali, Yom Kippur and Ramadan as well

What the hell have Arsenal's exciting new youngsters have to do with it ????
  • Options
    Very good smudge!

Another thing I don't like about xmas, the parties are all bullshit but the word for that time of year is Christmas not 'winterval' cross fnctional holiday or anything else.

Grrrrrr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Will they be changing the name of Diwali, Yom Kippur and Ramadan as well

What the hell have Arsenal's exciting new youngsters have to do with it ????

Very droll Smudge ;-)
  • Options
    We're having a Christmas Party ...
  • Options
    you decided what you're doing yet Ric?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]do they know it's Christmas time at all?

Its Christmas time, didn't you get the memo?.....:-)