Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fireworks....

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
To the inconsiderate f***** who think it's acceptable to let fireworks off at 11.00pm, a little message;

Some people have work to go to today....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Options
    just be grateful they're elsewhere and not through your letter box
  • Options
    Talking of fireworks, anyone on here go to the display at Danson Park on Saturday?

I thought that the scheduled 8pm ko was a bit late as it was for those of us with kids, but when the "technical hitch" resulted in a 45 minute delay my little un wanted to go home and was virtually asleep on his feet. Obviously I made him stay to the bitter end - having been ripped off for the entrance fee, £1.50 a go for about 10 rides he went on in the funfair and £4 for some crappy glow stick thing that stopped working by the end of the night. I was bloody certain I was going to see some fireworks - even if that was going to have to be me going to town on the organisers!
  • Options
    Blackheath was pretty good this year, but it seemed even more packed then usual
  • Options
    my dog was going ballistic all night as well.
  • Options
    My cat has been sat on the window ledge for the past few nights watching it all!
  • Options
    Saw the ones down in Southampton Docks Saturday night, very good.
  • Options
    Blackheath was good as usual, pity they don't have any stalls for hot toddies, mulled wine, food etc.

Could stock up online on cheap glowsticks etc. have to buy in 50s I think but can give them to friends or use for kids parties.
    http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/glowsticks_glow_sticks.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Saw the ones down in Southampton Docks Saturday night, very good.

Looking for "business" were you?
  • Options
    First time i've ever been to blackheath fireworks. Ten times better than danson park which has got progressively worse for past ten years. Enjoyed the film themes played all night.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Film themes?

Only live round the corner, we usually have a party at a friends first then get out just in time for the fireworks, though they seemd lat on Saturday. I think I was vaguely aware that some music gets played, but I've never really heard it, perhaps not close enough to the PA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont remember what many were, but i do remember the jurassic park theme.
  • Options
    The ones at the Rose Bowl cricket ground on sat night were very good, although they were charging £7 to get in! Didn't have to pay that sitting in the restaurant of our hotel across the road from it though!
  • Options
    Went Southend it was pretty good

Not bothered if they go on after 11