Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

C4 25 years on what are your favourite moments.

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
What if(any) would be your favourite viewing moments from C4 Over the last 25 years.
Would it be The tube with Jools and Paula
Was the worst Minny Pops with children dressed up as popstars singing sheena easton songs,pure trash.
Could it be Eldorado,the worst soap ever?
Whatever c4 always pushed out the boundaries.

Comments

• BrassEye hands down one of the funniest things i've ever seen. Chris Morris is an absolute genius!
  • Eldorado was BBC1.
    I agree with RedArmy, the Brass Eye paedophile special in particular was phenomenal.
    Loved "No Problem", Desmonds, "Drop The Dead Donkey", "Father Ted", "Black Books" and the various Rory Bremner stuff. Less keen on the American comedy imports - can take or leave Friends and Cheers, but Frasier was great.
  • A Few more you might remember, good or bad.
    And some others(good or bad) drunk or otherwise?

Watch the woman
    Chelsford 123
    Who dares wins
    Euro trash
    Get Stuffed(about 5 minutes long quick tacky cooking recipes)
  • Dispatches.
  • Get Stuffed! was late night on ITV.

You must have been on the cake at the time, Badger...
  • As a Kid Used to Like TFI Friday
  • edited November 2007
    always annoyed me that despite the fact that they have more 4 and E4 to show some old british classics on they just show friends 24 hours a day

favs include

prospects
    the manageress
    no problem
    dream stuffing
    desmonds
    comic strip presents
    brookside
    billy the kid and the green baize vampire
    scully
  • As a youngster - The Word!
  • Can't beat a bit of eurotrash as a 13/14 year old
  • edited November 2007
    The best bit for me was when I worked there and the cast from "Shipwrecked" walked in whilst I was in the coffee bar.

Never watched the show but 15, tanned, fit birds with skirts up by their a*rse certainly brightened my morning up!

The comic strip bad news tour was pretty good too.

I'm going to their 25th party in Covent Garden on Monday night, which should be pretty lively!
  • Sponsored links:

• Shameless has got to be up there, as was the decision to give Kelly Brook the hosting job on Big Breakfast !
  • Barry Grant coming back to Brookside................I knew my petition would work ;-)
  • Transworld sport
    Gazzetta Football
    The Wonder years

and the king of all there programmes Kabaddi used to love watching this game
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Eldorado was BBC1.
    I agree with RedArmy, the Brass Eye paedophile special in particular was phenomenal.
    Loved "No Problem", Desmonds, "Drop The Dead Donkey", "Father Ted", "Black Books" and the various Rory Bremner stuff. Less keen on the American comedy imports - can take or leave Friends and Cheers, but Frasier was great.
    Agree with all that except "No Problem", don't know what that is. Comic Strip as well of course, Brookside, the Beth Jordash/ginger Margaret kiss.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]and the king of all there programmes Kabaddi used to love watching this game

ha ha what a great game that was. it was like an indian version of british bulldog!
  • Kabaddi !! We've recreated that drunk in pub car parks after closing a few times !!
  • The Word was classic TV

as for now, Shameless is (as has been for a few years) the best thing on the box by a country mile....
  • chips comic
    muran buchstansinger
    cheers
    the white room
    glastonbury coverage for the first time
    ricky gervais show
    brass eye
    11 o clock show
    Armando Iainucci
    Bo Selecta
    Nathan Barley

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk
  • Brass Eye, cause this isn't the British Isle, it's the Peado Isles!
  • Armando Iainucci ... of course!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Whatever you want hosted by Keith Allen.
  • No one's mentioned The Tube hosted by Paula Yeats and Jools Holland
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]No one's mentioned The Tube hosted by Paula Yeats and Jools Holland

....apart from the very first post !!
  • The Tube was great, I'd just started work when it first began. I'd bring in fish & chips, watch it and then go out on the razz. A great way to start the weekend. Happy carefree days.

Also The Comic Strip's Bad News was fantastic. I don't know whether this was inspired by Spinal Tap or vice/versa but for me it is ten times better, and I really like Spinal Tap too.
  • the sopranos. need i say anymore.
  • Friday Night Live and saturday Night Live were good in their time......

especially the Harry Enfield bits.....
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]the sopranos. need i say anymore.

Never seen an episode but I understand More4 begin to show the whole lot from part 1 starting this Sunday at midnight. I have "series linked" it on Sky+.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]the sopranos. need i say anymore.

Never seen an episode but I understand More4 begin to show the whole lot from part 1 starting this Sunday at midnight. I have "series linked" it on Sky+.

best thing broadcast on any channel in my lifetime. i envy you watching it from the start.
  • Thinking about it maybe Friday and Saturday Night Live were BBC?
  • Vic Reeves Big Night Out