Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you Like Guillemots,Keane,Magic Numbers,Lilly Allen,PSB

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
My Brother who is Mestre for the London School of Samba has been rehersing today with Guillemots at a studio in hackney for a war child benefit gig on thursday 1st November at the brixton Academy.

The gig will also feature
Lily allen
Pet Shop Boys
The Magic Numbers
Keane
Teddy Thommpson and surprise guests.

For those interested The gig will be broadcast on the night between 9pm - 11pm. Highlights also on c4 sunday night,check listings.

A Dvd will be available at a later date.

The Following stations will be broadcasting this event for those interested between 9pm - 11pm on thursday 1st

Radio City
Red Rose
Key 103
Radio Aire
Hallam Fm
VikingFm
Tfm
Metro
Radio Clyde
Radio Forth
North Sound
West Sound
Mory Firth
CFM
Tay
South West Sound
Radio Borders
Downtown(N Ireland)
Kerrang
Wave 105
The Hits

An Anorak Teaser
My brother has played twice at the VALLEY With the London School of Samba,Can you name the games... clue 1 was a womans international?

Comments

• guillemots are excellent. sounds like a good gig.
  • edited November 2007
    Sounds good, Brendan Benson is also playing - I had the offer of a ticket but I have the first Townley parents' evening to attend instead!
  • salad, we're off to see the super furries on friday at the roundhouse. you been to any gigs there?

Also trying to get my brother to blag me a ticket to the shins next week, do you like them?
  • edited November 2007
    Yes, did have tickets for that tomorrow but friend has lost them!
    Saw Richard Hawley there, good venue, but flat floor and seemed impossible to move forward once the main act was on stage, so get near the front in time.

Haven't listened to the Shins really yet, but sound good. Might be worth getting to see the support act, Vampire Weekend, I read a great review of them recently, sounds like they are very, very good.
  • edited November 2007
    lost tickets? thats not good. I can't wait. we went to see them in Cork a couple of weeks ago. amazing. (pics attached) played for 2 hours 1st leg of the tour. apparenlty the last time they played cork they played for 3 hours! quite a gang of us going so it should be a good night.

they're really cool, love the blokes voice.

Still haven't listened to Richard Hawley.

Must get the wombats album on monday!
  • Let me know if you have any spares!
  • we did have earlier this week. Dec's mates.

surely he can get new ones printed or something?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]surely he can get new ones printed or something?
    I would've thought you could only do something like that if you had particular seating. I might get some off Scarlet Mist.

Are you with some lifers tomorrow?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]salad, we're off to see the super furries on friday at the roundhouse. you been to any gigs there?

Saw Bloc Party there on Saturday for the Electric Proms - I really liked it, although it's a pretty basic space as Salad says.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]surely he can get new ones printed or something?
    I would've thought you could only do something like that if you had particular seating. I might get some off Scarlet Mist.

Are you with some lifers tomorrow?

were they signed for? or just posted out? you can say they never arrived! tickets are never signed for these days.

erm....les is going, i'm not sure who else to be honest. millwall mark, not sure if you've met him before. a liverpool fan, erm....maybe an everton fan. I can't remember.

Southend is a fan of SFA i think, so he may be there?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]salad, we're off to see the super furries on friday at the roundhouse. you been to any gigs there?

Saw Bloc Party there on Saturday for the Electric Proms - I really liked it, although it's a pretty basic space as Salad says.

watched paul mc cartney there on telly, looked good but a bit of a circus tent!
  • That's all it is, basically, although it's a surprisingly well-equipped one. Looks amazing on TV, mind.
  • I'm more jealous of you seeing Maps live
  • My last gig before coming out here was the Super Furries at Brixton. If my memory serves me well they came onto the stage on motorised wheelchairs dressed as Spacemen - at the end of the set they departed on the same chairs & you saw them on the giant screen in real time, wheel down the corridor, through the loading bay & out into the street, up a ramp onto the back of an articulated lorry & then saw the lorry dissapear off down the A21 - very subtle way of saying no more encores.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

Must get the wombats album on monday [/quote]

Thats going to be album of the year. One of best bands seen live this year.
  • I haven't seen them, mate had a spare for their gig but I think I was at a Charlton match!

gonna try to get a copy this w/e.