Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So...why are we CAFC Life now?

WSSWSS
edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Fancied a change in the blue bar?

Comments

• Options
    You've lost me with this one, WSS???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You've lost me with this one, WSS???
    Take a look up the top of your window. No longer Charlton Life but CAFC Life
  • Options
    Bloody Greenwich Council...
  • Options
    pc gone mad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You've lost me with this one, WSS???
    Take a look up the top of your window. No longer Charlton Life but CAFC Life

Busy at work today??

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]pc gone mad.

common sense gone out the window......
  • Options
    Council said the site is not strictly about "Charlton" per se, and more about "CAFC", so demanded we change the name to "CAFC Life" so as to be more specifically correct (SP). They said they have the on and offline rights to the word Charlton as it pertains to SE7 (ie They're not going after www.charltonhestonlife.com for instance). I said I would only change it in the Browser Window (seeing as "Charlton Life: Charlton Athletic Fans Message Board..." didn't fit anyway) and they agreed to the compromise. Suckers.
  • Options
    Is this a wind up???
  • Options
    are you on a wind up?!

because on www.charltonlife.com it still says "Charlton Life"
  • Options
    April fool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]are you on a wind up?!

because onwww.charltonlife.comit still says "Charlton Life"

That page is down now - must be Lookout updating it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Council said the site is not strictly about "Charlton" per se, and more about "CAFC", so demanded we change the name to "CAFC Life" so as to be more specifically correct (SP). They said they have the on and offline rights to the word Charlton as it pertains to SE7 (ie They're not going afterwww.charltonhestonlife.comfor instance). I said I would only change it in the Browser Window (seeing as "Charlton Life: Charlton Athletic Fans Message Board..." didn't fit anyway) and they agreed to the compromise. Suckers.

How can they possibly own the on and offline rights to the word Charlton as it pertains to SE7, this sounds like complete cobblers to me. So if I lived in SE7 and decided to call my blog space Charlton Home SE7, I couldn't mention the towns name which appears in the Doomsday Book just because the local council has registered it with Nominet or whoever. Are you sure they are not just pulling your p*sser? Or trying it on?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Was just a joke bing ;-) "CAFC" just fits better at the top of the browser window. And it ticks all the right search engine terms... crafty!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh bloody hell! I'd had a grumpy old man kind of a day. I wasn't able to spot a joke if hit me on the nose. Nice one Lookie....;-)
  • Options
    yeah Charlton Heston would not be amused, nor Bobby Charlton..
  • Options
    Bing, you weren't the only one (no names mentioned)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Bing, you weren't the only one (no names mentioned)
    The problem, though, is that this is exactly the sort of thing Greenwich Council would do!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Bing, you weren't the only one (no names mentioned)
    The problem, though, is that this is exactly the sort of thing Greenwich Council would do!

thats what i said last night when i bumped into Afka on the train!