Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Bring him back of loan, give him a chance even if its from teh bench see what he can do?

Comments

• Options
    ...and then when he comes on and misses his first chance, the whole crowd will slaughter him and ruin his confidence as well !!!
  • Options
    Thats true i forgot about our great fans LOL
  • Options
    I think everyone is forgetting he's knocking them in against teams in a league below us. What makes people think he can do it for us at the mo?

He's got the confidence, but the current team would soon shake that out of him and we'd be back to square one!
  • Options
    I would not bother calling him back until our fans attitude changes or we have won at least eight games on the spin. The negative vibes from the home support would do a young lad like him with little league experience no good at all.
  • Options
    I think it's the 'fans' that would do that Suzi - not the team!
  • Options
    scoring goals is a confidence thing, the level makes no difference to the striker that doesn't think about it...he only needs to know one thing - if he scores he's a hero and the only way to score is to keep having a go...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I think everyone is forgetting he's knocking them in against teams in a league below us. What makes people think he can do it for us at the mo?
    [/quote]

Because he come from knowere were he was scoring and now a pro and still knocking them in, has just as much hope as the other strikers we have who cant score.
  • Options
    He honestly cannot be any worse than Varney at the moment.

He could be the "something different" that it takes to spark us
  • Options
    http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=934&p=16&style=2&forumId=4337&action=1&replytoid=2116319253

Mixed thoughts from the Jills. It says on another thread that he has scored 5 goals in 6 games.

Given the intolerance of some of our "fans" at the moment he is probably better off learning his trade down there although a decent midfield should be able to set him up with chances.
  • Options
    Suzi that's my point just because he is scoring at Gillingham there is no guarantee he will score at Championship level.Just because Izale was top scorer in division 3 for MK Dons is no guarantee he will score at Championship level and a million pounds in my opinion is quite a gamble for a club like Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    give dickson a chance,bollocks to silly gillingham getting the benefit
  • Options
    A lazy striker who scores goals from every other chance? The more I hear about him, the more he reminds me of a certain Killer. Or am I clutching straws?
  • Options
    Leave him where he is, we're going to need players with Div1 experience next season.
  • Options
    My house mates a season ticket at the jills and he reckons he's very tastey, with a good partnership starting off there...

But not sure what would happen if he came up so early...

lhis honest opinion is to let him learn his trade.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=934&p=16&style=2&forumId=4337&action=1&replytoid=2116319253

Mixed thoughts from the Jills. It says on another thread that he has scored 5 goals in 6 games.

Given the intolerance of some of our "fans" at the moment he is probably better off learning his trade down there although a decent midfield should be able to set him up with chances.

Fans are always intolerant when clubs fail to meet their expectations. Losing three on the spin in the Premier League after a great start would not cause more than an occasional moan. Losing like we have when everybody thinks we should be top or there abouts is bound to create vocal unhappiness.

For me I'd bring him back asap. What a great time for him to leap from fifth choice striker to No 1. If it doesn't work out he'll survive better because he's a player reaching way above his zone of expectation less than a season ago. On the other hand its pretty much last chance for a shot at the big time from messrs Iwelumo and Varney adding to the pressure on them. McLeod's career has had downs and ups as well and he is under greater pressure. For Dickson the worlds his oyster.

Get him back Pards - sharpish.
  • Options
    Get him back as soon as possible I hate the Gills and want them to lose.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    he can hardly do worse than mcClown one touch in 24 mins of football aginst qpr when we're chasing the game is a disgrace
  • Options
    Should give McLeod a couple of games first, but not much longer at Gills for him - we need to have four strikers.

There is also James Walker of course, no point having him on the books if he is not up to it.

Also Lloyd Sam up front would be a better option than LV/IM have proved thus far.
  • Options
    missing a one on one against Palace in the last minute is a disgrace,imagine if it was 0-0
  • Options
    Whether McLeod has the ability or even the character to consistantly perform at this level, well, no one truly knows yet.

Earlier in the season, he was a major threat with his pace and involvement. Apart from the 'legendary' 4 pens, he crossed brilliantly from a terrific penetrative position to create Sinclair's goal against Luton.

He's missed a couple of sitters and misplaced a few passes. That causes anxiety & loss of confidence, and will result in more chances missed and passes going astray. And the more he gets berated, the more he will struggle.

But he's only started one League game and a handful of sub appearances. Let's give him a proper chance first.
    Or if we are not prepared to give him that chance, then he'll be best off on loan to Jills when it's Dickson's turn to come home.

But for God's sake, let's not turn against Dickson the game he misses his first chance.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd give him til just before Christmas at Gillingham, let him get a good run of games under his belt and get his confidence up, then bring him back for the New Year fixture congestion.