Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

for what is worth

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I've said plenty already and most of you on here know my views in any case, but a couple of more observations before I pack it all in.

1) Lumping it forward to a big man doesn't work - it didn't work 10 years ago with Leaburn and ceratinly ain't going to work now. Too much needs to go your way, ie perfect ball forward, perfect flick on/knockdown , other striker has to be in right position etc etc. Play ball to feet and play it FORWARDS to a players RUNNING FORWARDS towards goal.

2) Forwards need to pass less and shoot more - Varney had a chance in the first half and tried passing it to Iwelumo....better off shooting.

3) Midfield also need to shoot more - more shots equals more goals. Goals win games. If we had scored 2 goals in each of the last three games we would have at least another 6 points. In fact we only scored 1 goal and got 0 points. Lots of people have been criticising the defence, and although they were all at sea against Plymouth and a few times yesterday can you really complain by them letting in 5 over the last 3 games........hardly being trounced are we?

It has been pointed out that I only come on here to moan and never post anything positive or when we win. Therefore I am not going to post anymore until this happens........I am going to the next 2 away games to keep the faith and to support the team and hope the rest of you do the same. You can then all remind me when when I am proved right.

Comments

• Options
    you say want you want golfy don't let the everything is rosey and will come alright mob shout you down.For what it's worth we haven't got enough nastiness in us to go up from this league.
  • Options
    we have a team of nice guys,even when we were winning i thought we missed that edge,we need thatcher back,but not the stepford wife thatcher we seem to have aquired.
  • Options
    We aren't nasty enough or good enough at the moment. On the evidence of the last 3 games, our defence is wobbly, our attack is 3rd rate & our midfield is nowhere near being "the best in the division". We now need to regroup & start all over again against Southampton. I'll be there cheering them on; see you there Golfie.