Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BT HOME HUB

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Can anyone on here tell me if they have got the new BT Home Hub from BT ? I recently changed still with BT but have upgraded to the new Hub. Gotta say its been like going backwards ( like dial up speed at times ) Is anyone having the same experience or have they found it to be ok ?

Comments

• Options
    I've got one and I have problems at times. I connect using the wireless but sometimes the signal is rubbish and it becomes worse than dial-up speeds, so I have to use the ethernet cable instead, which is a pain. Also tried the BT Fusion mobile but that could only connect to the home hub if I was in the same room as it, and even then the connection was dodgy at best.
  • Options
    Cheers for that Peakie, I thought it was just mine , gettin pretty fed up with it now , my main pc ic connected to it permanently by ethernet and it just seems never ending , evenif i use my laptop via wireless and me boy links his x box live he suffers to. I think the only way round it is to go back to my cheap router and pay abt £20 a month less I will have a better serice than this pile if s*** is giving
  • Options
    Try Be Unlimited. I get consistent 20meg download speeds and they've just trimmed the price to £18/month. On top of that you get a free router and it's a minimum 3 month contract. Best provider i've ever had.
  • Options
    Barstewards! I have a 2meg connection which costs me about $140 (£70) a month!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Barstewards! I have a 2meg connection which costs me about $140 (£70) a month!!!

Ahh but you have lots of Sunshine, for which I'd gladly swap with you at this moment!
  • Options
    IOld man had gone back to BT regrets it on his 3rd Hub now

Fed up with talking to call centres in India that dont have a clue what to do if its not written in front of them
  • Options
    I have the Bt Home Hub, it seems to drop out quite a bit and the connection speed seems really slow at 54mbps compared to the one at work which is 100mbps
  • Options
    I am stuck on cable, paying over £30 a month for phone and slow broadband, Virgin won't swap me to the £20 a month deal because I am not a new custmer. Not tied in, but I think my only other option is to go back to BT, which is probably no better or cheaper - ideally I would go to the likes of Tiscali or Waitrose. Anyone had any similar experience ie. used to have a BT line, but now on cable - BT line still physically exists but hasn't been used in years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I am stuck on cable, paying over £30 a month for phone and slow broadband, Virgin won't swap me to the £20 a month deal because I am not a new custmer. Not tied in, but I think my only other option is to go back to BT, which is probably no better or cheaper - ideally I would go to the likes of Tiscali or Waitrose. Anyone had any similar experience ie. used to have a BT line, but now on cable - BT line still physically exists but hasn't been used in years.
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I am stuck on cable, paying over £30 a month for phone and slow broadband, Virgin won't swap me to the £20 a month deal because I am not a new custmer. Not tied in, but I think my only other option is to go back to BT, which is probably no better or cheaper - ideally I would go to the likes of Tiscali or Waitrose. Anyone had any similar experience ie. used to have a BT line, but now on cable - BT line still physically exists but hasn't been used in years.

Salad, ring up Virgin Media and ask to be put through to the disconnections dept. Tell them you've had a fantastic offer from Sky or BT and ask them to match it. I'm not a new customer, been with them for years. I rang them and told them Sky had offered me a fantastic deal to go over to their phone/internet service.

I get Phone and 20mb Broadband for £31 a month - It's worth a try. You've nothing to lose.