Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite/memorable lines in films

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Not always for a particular reason :

"Broad sword calling Danny boy........"

"Crucifixtion?.....Good...."

"That rabbit's dynamite..."

"Wilson, I can hear something too" ( when the platoon are on top of the cliffs)

Any others?

Comments

• Options
    "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"
  • Options
    "The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid" - Top Gun
  • Options
    "I'm your huckleberry" - Tombstone
  • Options
    "You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around, you're only second best. "

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "

"Well, I'll give him another twenty minutes; but that's it!"
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"You don't listen punk! Well, do you?"

"Why us Sarge?" "Cos we're here, son, cos we're here!"
  • Options
    "just you wait, 'enry 'iggins"

"I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."

"you're carrying a wasted girl and a bag of fertiliser, you don't look like your average horti-f**king-culturalist"

"Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman."
  • Options
    Long Good Friday, Bob Hoskins. "Call yourself a sleeping partner, your in a f****** coma"
  • Options
    No man is a failure when he has friends.

I don't want you to talk Mr. Bond, I want you to die!

I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...
    No f***ing shit, lady. Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?
  • Options
    "What do you take me for, some sort of c**t" - Gangster No 1
  • Options
    "If you haven't got a blow job from a surperior office then you're just letting the best in life pass you by. Of course I'm a Colonel so I guess I'll have to keep taking cold showers until they elect a girl for president"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Oh you're ready to blow? Well I'm a mushroom cloud laying muthaf*ka, muthaf*ka. Every time my fingers touch brain I'm the superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. In fact, what the f*ck am I doing on brain detail? "

Pulp Fiction
  • Options
    "Hello. My Name Is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die."

"There is no true beauty without decay."

"Are you interested in solving this case or in making me look foolish?"
    "Well, if possible, both."
    "Well then, do a good job of it. "
  • Options
    Zoolanders ulogy line... from the scene at the funeral.
    "Do you think i don't know what a ugoogoly is ???"

Anchor Mans piece d'resistance
    "I have many leather bound books"
  • Options
    i'm brian and so's my wife

your fat and i'll throw you in the river
  • Options
    Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun... ............... Vinny Jones in Snatch
  • Options
    I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

all i have in this world is my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody
  • Options
    Don't f*** with the Baldies...The Wanderers

Go on, stab me you Si...Love,Honour and Obey

I was expecting cornflakes and a quick w*nk...Football Factory

Warriors, come out to plaaay...The Warriors.

Look...one bastard goes in and another comes out...The Good,The Bad and the Ugly.
  • Options
    " To the Forest men, and stuff yourselves",

Errol Flynn, The Adventures of Robin Hood, when calling the merry men to a feast.

"The king of the Jews is outside the tent exposing himself to the enemy",

Actor unknown - David and Bethsheba
  • Options
    "Front Rank FIRE, Middle Rank Fire...."

"you played it for her, you can play it for me, play it Sam"

"I'll have what she's having"
  • Options
    I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    "Don't you realise, can't you see ..... YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!"

"Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know cos I'd never eat the filthy muthf*ka"

"What's wrong with being sexy?"

"Well, are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"
  • Options
    " In that case, I would say this is an excellent mission, with an extremely valuable objective, worthy of my best efforts. In addition, as I pointed out earlier, I have a fondness for cheese and I hope to have the opportunity to sample some of the Ramelle products, when we arrive there, to see if they live up to their excellent reputation. Moreover, I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and I'm more than willing to lay down my life, and the lives of my men, especially you, Reiben, to help relieve her suffering.
  • Options
    "Someday, this war's gonna end....."

Amazing scene.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    "Are you telling me you built a time machine... Out of a DeLorean?"
    "Seems strangely ironic it's that tie that's got you in this pickle"
    "Funny how? Funny like 'I amuse you'?"
    "Do you know what 'Nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a 'orrible c**t. Me"
    "Soylent Green is us!"
    "They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?""

And, though I can't be arsed to reprise it here, Christopher Walken's entire scene in Pulp Fiction - which is, without a doubt, the greatest monologue ever delivered to camera.
  • Options
    "five dollars , maybe I'll go to the movies....................by myself!"

"half of that's from me!"

"thank you Mr Mortimer" walks away shaking his head mouthing the words five dollars
  • Options
    "As far back as I could remember I always wanted to be a gangster" *Rags to riches kicks in*
  • Options
    sorry taff did'nt mean to make you feel sheepish
  • Options
    Good call Henry, best film ever made in my opinion.
  • Options
    Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
    Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
    Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
    Jules: Then what do they call it?
    Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
    Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
    Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
    Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
    Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.
  • Options
    Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.