Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky broadband...

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Is it any good?

Cheers in advance..

Comments

• Options
    Crap customer service, slow connection. Can't wait to get rid.

Does that help?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yes it does....the missus has got conned into getting the whole Sky package thing (Sky+, broadband,Skytalk)...I told her not to do it...

But is it worse than Orange?..
  • Options
    Never had Orange so couldnt say...

Sky Broadband (the lowest option) is free... they say you dont get something for nothing, and they're pretty much right. With the speed though, you might be luckier with it as you're closer to London than us, and we're in a non-built up area...
  • Options
    I have sky and its well worth the £5 a month - all you need to do is flash the router with the orginal Netgear settings and it will work a treat!
  • Options
    my sky broadband is brilliant - fast connection, never had any problems
  • Options
    The problem with the speed of the broadband is down to how close you live to the telephone exchange that serves your address, West Side lives near Dartford TE so will get a better signal strength than someone living farther away. The type of cable conductor also is a factor copper = good, Aluminium = bad.
  • Options
    Orange broadband=Free.
    Free=get what you pay for, ie. nothing.

Wouldn't touch their broadband with a barge pole. Heard their service and customer service is shocking

This isn't too clever either:
    Another catch for 'free' customers
  • Options
    I concur with Gump. I've got Orange and they are poo!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]The problem with the speed of the broadband is down to how close you live to the telephone exchange that serves your address, West Side lives near Dartford TE so will get a better signal strength than someone living farther away. The type of cable conductor also is a factor copper = good, Aluminium = bad.

Well FFS Dicko, get down here and built a copper exchange next door to my gaff... might have known it would be your fault...
  • Options
    Nah, move closer to the town centre. Not sure the locals of Swale need anymore interweb access than they already have.

It's not the exchange anyhow dear. That is all copper, it's the cables that feed your premises, and not the cables you lay dirty man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nearer the town centre? F that mate! You've seen the locals...

Well get down here and lay some cable Dicko. We know you're good at it. Nice thick cable...