Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!

Being working with a company who have offices all over London and had to visit their site in Slough. It really is as depressing as the Betjamin poem and The Office make out.

Big Polish community and even the local Asian shops have signs up in Polish. Maybe Slough reminds them of surburban Warsaw.

Comments

• Options
    I've done a lot of work in Slough and it is completely souless, if ever I had an incentive to dig a hole bloody quick and get finished it was working there.

Saying that go just outside of Slough and most of that part of the wrold is nice. Henley, Maidenhead, Windsor etc
  • Options
    Suprised O2 are still based there, must be the main employer in the town now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Suprised O2 are still based there, must be the main employer in the town now

02 are right by the station so you can make a quick exit. : - )

Housing Assoc I was working with were very good mind. Tempted to go back to full time employment but in one of their SE London offices NOT Slough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've done a lot of work in Slough and it is completely souless, if ever I had an incentive to dig a hole bloody quick and get finished it was working there.

Saying that go just outside of Slough and most of that part of the wrold is nice. Henley, Maidenhead, Windsor etc

Those towns on the river are very nice. Always wanted a house on an Island with a boat tied up at the bottom of the llawn like in the film Hope and Glory
  • Options
    Very picuresque I find those houses fascinating. And all the bridges, greens etc along the river.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Very picuresque I find those houses fascinating. And all the bridges, greens etc along the river.

Somehow a house on the riverfront at Woolwich or Erith just doesn't have the same appeal. Same river but not quite right
  • Options
    Haha peaceful tranquil Berkshire waters lapping away at the banks of your garden island abode, or a dead greyhound floating bloated past while shopping trollies and the locals trying to beach on your west bank.