Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pride of Britain Awards

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Who watched it?

Any men out there want to own up to shedding a tear last night. I did.

Also doesnt it make you want to strangle people who moan about the most trivial of things?

Comments

• i did as well
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Any men out there want to own up to shedding a tear last night. I did.

Also doesnt it make you want to strangle people who moan about the most trivial of things?

I'll shed a tear when i see Cory Gibbs starting a game........ :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'll shed a tear when i see Cory Gibbs starting a game........ :-)
    that'll be twice then, we'd have to call you, er .... two sheds
  • I did

Then I strangled the missus when she moaned about the washing up
  • I knew it would make me cry as I was drinking wine at home last night, so I only tuned in for about 15 mins. cried three times. the girl who wrote the book after she recovered from cancer, the 111 ww1 veteran, and the girl that beat depression with the help of the princes trust.

heroes all of em.
  • The kids on it were so brave!
    Was it true that the fireman got suspended at the time for his act of bravery?
    I was glad for all the people that got the awards
  • I cried from the first story of the Air Hostess who saved the premature baby till the end - really put life into perspective.

Then again I am a big softy!

Mx
  • Fug me. I'm glad I was down the pub all last night - sounds like a truly terrible programme. I bet my missus watched it. I'd ask her - if she was talking to me.
  • it was the little girl that said hello daddy and he was standing behind her that set us off. mind you i weeped the whole way through.

i liked the 4 glaswegians, scary looking bunch - bet they were well and truly hammered by the time they got home that night.
  • Some very humbling stories on there.

Is it just me or does anybody else get annoyed by seeing Gordon Brown (and Blair) before him cynically milking the photo opportunity?
  • Sponsored links:

• i was looking at some of the celebrities there thinking do they really care, but to see lots of them in tears genuine reactions to amazing stories, its hard to feel harsh about it.

at least gordon brown and those before him have a responsibility to people (more than their 'celebrity soap stars') to make a difference.