Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wembley Arena - Rush

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else going tonight?

Comments

• Options
    no
  • Options
    I thought they'd shot off in a hurry
  • Options
    no rush for tickets
  • Options
    But I am sure you can get cream for your rush?
  • Options
    Rush was my first ever concert at Hammersmith, many years ago, so I was considering going for old times sake.

But I remembered that i didn't actually like them that much and only really went because a mate at the time, who really liked them, had asked me to go with him.

So no, I'm not!
  • Options
    are they as good as yes
  • Options
    I saw there first ever gig in this country at the Hammy Odeon - '2112'. Must have been about 1980.

Fantastic live band - especially for a three piece outfit. Neil Peart gave probably the best drum solo I've ever seen.

They were supported by Stray who weren't too bad either.
  • Options
    ...and another one of his drum solo's last night was top draw.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I saw there first ever gig in this country at the Hammy Odeon - '2112'. Must have been about 1980.

Fantastic live band - especially for a three piece outfit. Neil Peart gave probably the best drum solo I've ever seen.

They were supported by Stray who weren't too bad either.[/quote]

That was the one, although I was sure it was 79, but you could be right. I would say we might have been next to each other, but I was next to some hippy bird who was smoking something really evil all night, but on the plus side she kept jumping on me and she had a really lovely body!!
  • Options
    I was there last night and Rush were superb. Quite a different setlist to the R30 tour from 2004, but with the "standards" thrown in, I thought the place was going to erupt during Natural Science, the Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer. Equally, the songs from the new album (9 of them!), were much better received than I expected, Workin' Them Angels, Armor and Sword and the three instrumentals all sounding fantastic live... Given they are in their mid 50s, the level of performance is incredible.

Inevitably, the crowd resembled some sort of Saxondale convention, one guy in front of me seemed to have been transported to the venue from 1978, but, we are all getting older!!!

Another great concert, I wish I had gone to both nights now, however, perhaps just going to one is a bit more special though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2007
    DOH...missed it...gutted!!!
  • Options
    Have Rush ever played in Accrington Stanley's ground?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redordead71[/cite]I was there last night and Rush were superb. Quite a different setlist to the R30 tour from 2004, but with the "standards" thrown in, I thought the place was going to erupt during Natural Science, the Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer. Equally, the songs from the new album (9 of them!), were much better received than I expected, Workin' Them Angels, Armor and Sword and the three instrumentals all sounding fantastic live... Given they are in their mid 50s, the level of performance is incredible.

Inevitably, the crowd resembled some sort of Saxondale convention, one guy in front of me seemed to have been transported to the venue from 1978, but, we are all getting older!!!

Another great concert, I wish I had gone to both nights now, however, perhaps just going to one is a bit more special though...

Was at Tuesdays concert.

It was awesome. Best I've ever seen them (and that's a few times). Loved the fact the set list was so different.

Loved the South Park version of Tom Sawyer - Lifeson was singing that version, Geddy Lee was almost p**ssing himself.

Did notice that the average age had creeped up, but good to see lots of kids with their parents.