Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson or Myhre ????

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Or even Anderson?

Comments

• Options
    think Carson's been superb but to be honest I was always a big fan of Myhre...

however given the choice, Carson 1st
  • Options
    Spot on Eltham- Trouble is that we need Myhre (mentally) on form if Carson gets recalled in January
  • Options
    [cite] stanmoreaddick:[/cite] Trouble is that we need Myhre (mentally) on form if Carson gets recalled in January

Indeed. very important. What i like about Myre is he has a right to feel a bit hard done by, but he's got his head down and kept his mouth shut in public. If there is no chance us signing Carson perminently, we need to ease him back in before the end of the season.
  • Options
    yes but Andersen is the future. Mhyre will go in Jan, Carson will disappear at the end of the season to become Liverpools numero uno. Will then need back-up for Andersen unless either Elliot or Randolph are up to it.
  • Options
    I reckon the Scousers will recall Kirkland in Jan, however if they do take Carson I'd be more than happy with Myhre...the bloke looks a bit of a nutter in goal, but then all keepers need that side to them I reckon (just to play there in the first place)
  • Options
    Carson has been okay - not sure about superb, although thank God for that penalty save against Bolton.

Unfortunately it has clearly been decided that Andersen is not the future, which is a shame.
  • Options
    I dunno, thought Myrhe was looking what he's always been towards the end of last season, which is a number 2 keeper.
  • Options
    Like Carson myself - think he's been excellent
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Not good news-

Kirkland's loan move has been made permanent- so much more likely Carson will be recalled in January.

No disrespect to Mhyre though- I also think he has been excellent
  • Options
    Lets just hope Reina recovers a bit of form.

Myre is a safe option to have though, we're lucky in that department.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Myhre's big strength is that he is not afraid to command his box and boss the back 4. He also appears to care which goes in his favour in my book.

Carson is an excellent all round keeper and would be my number one as long as he stays.

Andersen still has plenty of room to improve particularly at his near post. His distribution is generally excellent though.

The Gills seemed overall to rate Randolph and Accrington like Elliott.

1. Carson
    2. Myhre
    3. Andersen (although Randolph and Elliott maybe as good. I've not seen enough of them)
  • Options
    [cite] LenGlover:[/cite]Myhre's big strength is that he is not afraid to command his box and boss the back 4. He also appears to care which goes in his favour in my book. quote]

Definately- I sit row G behing the goal and you can really that he cares!

And to be fair- he could have a valid reason for having his nose put out with the Carson loan- IMHO
  • Options
    Elliot is the reserve at Accrington.