Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Radostin Kishishev

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
I have always been a fan of his, right from day one when he was supposed to be a right back but would crop up diving into tackles all over the pitch! I wasn't always quite sure how he suddenly appeared in places (I used to refer to him as an electron but no one else ever understood my analogy!)

Most seasons people have been surprised to find that not only is Raddo still here, but still playing regularly. I wonder if this season it is my turn to be surprised because he is not playing regularly?

I never expected to see Holland & Hughes start ahead of SuperKish.

It looks like Holland might be a regular again, hopefully his performances this season will justify that, because they haven't over the last season or so.

Unlike some I also think Hughes has something to offer going forward (an assist on Saturday to start with) - but never out wide and I don't think Hughes and Holland should be in the same team.

When Kish does play I hope there is no more of booing from that little bunch of idiots in the upper north.

PS Kish generates so much discussion usually that it is probably worth having a "sticky" thread on him!

Comments

• I've always enjoyed kish and his little forays into the opposition half, his woeful shooting is always amusing. Has he ever scored for us? Joking aside I think he is a good player in the midfield area when he is backed up with someone more creative.
  • Never believe the old adage about lightning .......... Raddo scored in successive home games about four years ago!
  • I am no fan of his, but i would rather have him there than Holland.
  • I think the questions is should he be in the side based purely on work ethic?

Well yes, until we get someone who can combine work ethic with ability. I'd personally rather have someone who worked hard, with less ability, than someone who had skill in abundance, but didn't every put his foot in.
  • Kish should be in there tonight- we need someone to hustle and bustle and keep them on the edge-

Oh- and a repeat of that tackle on Ronaldo wouldn't go a miss!

(put him alongside Ambrose, Faye, and Reid)
  • if this season it is my turn to be surprised because he is not playing regularly?

We've only had one match! I like Kish for the reasons most like him, granted he isn't the most talented player but never goes missing and works hard off the ball and he tackles well and distributes the ball well too, he provides what no-one else in the midfield offers and that's a bit of bite and commitment. I can't help feeling that as he gets involved the most that his mistakes are highlighted, if the rest of the team retained the ball better and helped him out then he'd look a better player.
  • I agree with stanmoreaddick. I prefer Kish to Holland and think we should give him a go alongside Faye tonight, with Ambose and Reid... but I suspect we will see more of Holland and Hughes
  • LEGEND!!

I loved his "Kinsella" fist to the East Stand. Woke them all up!:-)
  • I don't think the booing was of Kish, I think it was of the decision to take off Ambrose and not Hughes, certainly that seemed to be the reaction around me in the North Upper. Acceptance that bringin on Kish was the right thing to do but taking off the wrong player. Not sure in the end it worked out for Dowie but as already said in this thread I do not like having to see the Hughes Holland combination on the pitch at all.

My preferred midfield at the moment (and before yesterday's game) would have been Ambrose, Kish, Faye and Romm.
  • I havent been his biggest fan - and thats always been down the to fact that he's been gulity of giving the ball away in some pretty dangerous areas in the past. however, the last 2 seasons i think he's really stood up (still prone to the odd howler) we really needed him on saturday, just to get in the way of Campo to prevent him from controlling their midfiled.

Going to the Hughes / Ambrose move - initally i thought Hughes should have been the man to go off (i didnt boo - as i dont understand it) but ultimately it worked - Hughes is more defensive than Ambrose - (charltondan put me right on this one, on our down to get a beer at halftime - that and the shove down the steps - tres vicious you know!) ''end of the day'' great game, great result, no groans from me!
  • Sponsored links:

• LOL! I was dying for a fag and you were being slow........
  • Last night summed up Kish for me, generally solid but then a couple of times makes poor mistakes.

The problems for Kish has always been that his mistakes are always more prominent and noticeable that what other players do.
  • Unfortunately Kish was woeful last night, thought Holland tried hard but to me always now looks that yard to slow............Hughes is a poor man's Gary Speed !
  • That's the thing, isn't it? Kish works his arse off and sticks his head above the parapet, but that means it's easier to spot his mistakes. He was throwing himself into it last night, but without much success.
  • Kish had a good first 60 minutes last night, but then obviously tired and started making some poor decisions. He was rightly substituted, albeit 15 minutes too late.
  • edited October 2006
    I thought he had a very stong first half, several tackles and some good ball winning, a couple of great passes and loads of harrying - if only others would harry that much - very under rated is harrying! Second half started okay but after a while he made a couple of mistakes.

So did others of course, are we allowed to mention that Luke Young got shocking as the second half wore on? Smith was making a fool of him.
  • Kish has his limitations but I'd rather have him then either Hughes or Holland as he offers a bit more than either of them