Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omar Pouso

Doe anybody actually know what is going on with this guy? We get lots of comments from Dowie like: "He is taking time adjusting to life in England" and "It will take him some time to adjust to the pace of the game in England" and "He needs another 2 or 3 weeks". What does all that mean? Has he had a nervous breakdown, or something?

Comments

• Options
    I thought something like that...... how is he gonna ajust to the pace of the english game by not playing any in any english games...... maybe hes just turned out to be utter pony??? I thought he looked reasonable for his first game (was in Aresenal at home or maybe Portsmouth) lots of spreading the ply sideways.....
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I saw him in the reserves against Fulham, didn't look anything special, made one cutting pass in 90 mins, I didn't notice it was him until I saw the team sheet after 30 mins, should have shown more quality against a poor Fulham reserve side. Not a good first touch. I think "He is taking time adjusting to life in England" means, "he aint what we hoped he would be".

i'm not picking on him, honest, but I though he was AWFUL against portsmouth, a deer in headlights.
  • Options
    i wouldn't judge him on the pompey game, majorly exposed.

But i think you are right that he's not yet at the standard we hoped he would.
  • Options
    You could be right.... There was a lot of that sort of feeling flying around at the time.... I think one of the things you really miss when watching the matches on Tele or on your computer is the positional play off the ball, who is hiding and whos doing what for the rest of the team, and the shape of the team..... Bloody loads of things.... I even thought Hughes looked alright the other day as all you can see is he one thing he does as opposed to screaming'Why is't he there!' etc..... christ I could do with going to a game..... all this talk of pubs and chips!!!!!