Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quick Poll - Snap General Election -Your Vote?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't want to upset the Christianphobes so here is another link saying much the same thing.

[url]http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23412130-details/Global%20warming%20It's%20natural[/url],%20say%20experts/article.do

I know there is prejudice against the Evening Standard also but it is the contentthat matters not the organ it is reported in.

The comments about computer modelling are similar to the other article.[/quote]

a article from a press release about a book written by a food scientist who has been shown to be completely wrong in the past and a physicist who is in the pockets of the tobacco and oil industry is not likely to convince me.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I must say I resent people implying that I can't make up my own political mind.

I used to be a labour member for about 7 years since I could vote. During that time I served on local party groups including being a councillor at uni, and later as a political school governor and helped campaign locally. I also worked at Millbank for a month or two whilst seeking employment. I once spoke in favour of Tony Blair's modernisation of the Labour party at a debate once. Add to that (again) I have an A* A'level in Politics, and 2.1 degree from a 'proper' uni (Hull) in Politics & International Relations. If you want to add to that my Dad used to be a Labour councillor for Greenwich borough, he also lectured in politics and economics, and had a 1st Masters in economics from LSE.

I have seen how Labour have changed from the inside and out, their unprincipalled spinning to their own objectives insults the average intelligence, and really just demonstrates how they are either too stupid to realise anyone would fall for it, and or how keen they are to cling on to power at all costs. They have massively contributed (rightly or wrongly) to the previoiusly tabloid based negative view of politicians.

Make your own mind about politics and politicians and who you vote for but let me make up my own mind.

R
  • Options
    What Afka said.

Power hungry scum the majority of them.
  • Options
    Considering the initial post was for a quick poll for who you would vote for it's interesting to see that most people are unable to answer this simple question in less than 1,000 words. :-)
  • Options
    mine was a follow up to be fair..
  • Options
    An Insiders view.....

Labour still claim to be the voice of the working man, but this is ludicrous, unless by working they mean one of the following, which seem to make up their politicians:

career politicians..........

previously local councillors, mayors or party workers - the worst of the bunch, never done a proper days work in their lives.

public sector employees..........

no real awareness of the private sector which drives our economy.

ex union leaders.......

ditto the career politicos, they have no work experience at all.

solicitors/other legal......

out of touch with reality.

Labour politicians are far and away the most obnoxious people to work with, treating their staff appalingly,

A lot of the tories are ruperts from priveleged backgrounds, but at least treat staff with courtesy and respect

and the Lib Dems are away with the fairies.

when did you last see a politician that sounded like you? I mean both audibly and their views match yours??

not very often is it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I must say I resent people implying that I can't make up my own political mind.

I used to be a labour member for about 7 years since I could vote. During that time I served on local party groups including being a councillor at uni, and later as a political school governor and helped campaign locally. I also worked at Millbank for a month or two whilst seeking employment. I once spoke in favour of Tony Blair's modernisation of the Labour party at a debate once. Add to that (again) I have an A* A'level in Politics, and 2.1 degree from a 'proper' uni (Hull) in Politics & International Relations. If you want to add to that my Dad used to be a Labour councillor for Greenwich borough, he also lectured in politics and economics, and had a 1st Masters in economics from LSE.

I have seen how Labour have changed from the inside and out, their unprincipalled spinning to their own objectives insults the average intelligence, and really just demonstrates how they are either too stupid to realise anyone would fall for it, and or how keen they are to cling on to power at all costs. They have massively contributed (rightly or wrongly) to the previoiusly tabloid based negative view of politicians.

Make your own mind about politics and politicians and who you vote for but let me make up my own mind.

R

Pah!! Still talking bollocks ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    'They (UKIP) are badly represented and supported within both Brussels and Strasbourg and refuse to take briefings from key regional players (RDA's Regional business councils, Regional assemblys, the local government association etc etc) are they a serious party or just there to throw a spanner in the works? ' THommo wrote.

Maybe UKIP does not believe in 20 zillion levels of government !! That costs money. UKIP belives in MP's and local councils and parish councils and no regional assemblys etc....
  • Options
    Beyond getting into talk about layers of government, I was merely making a statement on how UKIP could use the resources available to them, rather than ignoring them on 'ideological grounds' it would make for better informed and crucially for me 'better representative' MEPs allowing UKIP MEPs to do whatever job they want to do better.
    The size of MEPs consituencies make localised representation impossible, so shouldnt they be representing their region?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]

Maybe UKIP does not believe in 20 zillion levels of government !! That costs money. UKIP belives in MP's and local councils and parish councils and no regional assemblys etc....

They might not believe in it, but they still have to work with it if they want to get somewhere.
  • Options
    look C.Dan I've just come back from a business lunch, several ales, and want a row....so just don't.

:D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]look C.Dan I've just come back from a business lunch, several ales, and want a row....so just don't.

:D

Drinking during work hours......Any prospective employer wont be impressed!! ;-)
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when one of your threads goes to 2 pages?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Don't you just love it when one ofyourthreads goes to 2 pages?!

Are you going for a third page, DDD? Are you sure that's what the people want or is it a lack of decent opposition?
  • Options
    Labour no doubt !
  • Options
    I demand a referendum on whether this one goes to three pages. Otherwise it's just ignoring the will of the people.
  • Options
    blimey
  • Options
    Only time I support anything in Blue put can't stand lefties.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Only time I support anything in Blue put can't stand lefties.
    Any particular reason Steve?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lefty Labour for me - not that they are that left these days.
  • Options
    Just feel,they are so pc based which is proving to be this countries downfall.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I voted Lib Dem in the last election and probably likely to do so again though I am not 100% certain if I will - my MP in the term of government was Richard Caborn and I was less than impressed with his performance as sports minister. However there would be one Lib Dem candidate whom I NEVER vote for - my old boss who never paid me. Then he chose to vote in favour of bombing this man's home country and then do every he could (as it appears to me) to rip this family apart and send the bloke back to his very likely death - something I am not going to forget in a hurry as I happen to know the man. But the actions of Mr Caborn is what would I expect from someone whom IMO is a racist bigot. Although Mr Caborn won't be standing at the next General Election (good riddance!!!!) I won't be voting Labour in either the general election or, should my ward have one, the council by-election which would be forced if any of my Labour local councillors stands in any seat the general election. Indeed I am likely to give the Labour candidate's rivals quite a bit of ammunition. And I would do more if any other candidate standing on my constituency runs a proper and credible campaign to get the seat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Just feel,they are so pc based which is proving to be this countries downfall.

Quite. That's why I switched to a Mac. I wouldn't run a country any other way, you'd get viruses and that.
  • Options
    It seems to me that the general feeling is that no-one is particulary happy with any candidate.

Why then are so many people anti-Europe? Perhaps you should ask yourself this question. If you had a choice between Brown, Cameron and Merkel who would you choose? If you find yourself leaning towards the latter then perhaps you should re-consider your views on Europe.

Also if you had a choice between joining Europe or the USA who would you choose?

I know certainly who I would NOT choose in a 'snap general election' and that is a party who go to war. I find it hard to justify war and certainly a war fought outside our own borders. It was 'justified' stating that there were weapons of mass destruction (as if we don't have any!). We now know that these weapons do not exist.
    Therefore (unless you believe in us terrorising other nations) you cannot vote for Labour.If you vote for Labour you vote for war. And we had a discussion on here recently asking why some people are not proud of their country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Therefore (unless you believe in us terrorising other nations) you cannot vote for Labour.If you vote for Labour you vote for war.

War was a major issue that influenced whom I voted for in the last election - I wasn't going to vote for a party who was in favour of a pointless war. Nor for that matter any candidate who voted with the government on all motions related to this war policy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Therefore (unless you believe in us terrorising other nations) you cannot vote for Labour.If you vote for Labour you vote for war.

War was a major issue that influenced whom I voted for in the last election - I wasn't going to vote for a party who was in favour of a pointless war. Nor for that matter any candidate who voted with the government on all motions related to this war policy.

Good. I can't see how this government won the last election. Do the majority of people voting actually agree with the war or are people voting for other selfish reasons?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I have an A* A'level in Politics, and 2.1 degree from a 'proper' uni (Hull) in Politics & International Relations.

R

That's all well and good but are you telling porkies? You can't get an A* at A-level.
  • Options
    probably...

;)
  • Options
    A degree in politics means nothing to a political debate. There is no right answer in politics. It is a matter of opinion, just like football.
    Having said that, I think we should never have sold Deano.