Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best pub in Charlton

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
What does anyone that cares think the RO should do on match days to make the place more appealing,apart from free beer

Comments

• Prem plus and a tv near the dart board.

Oh and bring back Lisa the fit barmaid.
  • An extension, its just too small init!

tell ya what tho, peeps say the service is rubbish, but i thought it was ok on sat after the game!
  • Lisa was very good,i must admit but what about the cheap rolls?that must make up for it
  • There are plans afoot for a major revamp to give a lot more room. Supposed to happen sometime during this season!
  • it was ok for me too on saturday, first time i've been in there this season. although i do believe it was only half empty because over the past few weeks, people have stopped going there because its so hard to get served.
  • [cite] sporaddick:[/cite]There are plans afoot for a major revamp to give a lot more room. Supposed to happen sometime during this season!

spor - do i know you? just that you mentioned our initials the other day and im nosey.
  • they are just not quick enough in serving. i know its hard, they are contracted stuff so they are not going to bust a gut.

A couple more screens wouldn't go amiss, if they are renovating then i would change the frontage, so that it has more than just a narrow door for in / out. I'd also erect a big tent structure about 15ft high for when it rains.
  • "Lisa was very good,i must admit but what about the cheap rolls?that must make up for it "

Eating is cheating. I am in there for a beer so for me it is all about quick service. As sooz has said service is starting to improve after a very shaky start to the season. Particurly now that we have got Chris Powell struting his stuff behind the bar.
  • Has to better than the West Stand bar, I was getting served just as the half-time whistle went and they'd run out of lager.

Fair enough I guess, they'd been so quiet for over half-an-hour who could have expected such a sudden surge in demand?
  • [cite] 1905:[/cite]"Lisa was very good,i must admit but what about the cheap rolls?that must make up for it "

Eating is cheating. I am in there for a beer so for me it is all about quick service. As sooz has said service is starting to improve after a very shaky start to the season. Particurly now that we have got Chris Powell struting his stuff behind the bar.

Aha, 1905, that was funny RE chrissy powell behind the bar. T'was a mere hazy memoir but you just reminded me! lol He was so embarrassed when we started chanting his 'name'!
  • Sponsored links:

• hehe, he took all that well didn't he. he's a nice fella too. like his lookilikey.

wonder if we'll all start ooooooooooooooooooooh'ing him until he's finished pouring every pint?
  • no cos he is palace. tho he is lovely apart from that.
  • Curb_It - you're right you are nosey!

And yes you do!
  • ah come on give me details!
    are you an oak regular?
  • Must say the guy is a gent,never moans
  • Must admit that I went to the Liberal Club as I had enough of the RO service.

Managed to get served and drink two pint in 30 mins.... Magic!
  • and even better now we have the other palace supporter vicky behind the bar too!

in fact with all these palace supporters serving us its surprise we get a drink at all!!
  • [cite] Curb_It:[/cite]and even better now we have the other palace supporter vicky behind the bar too!

in fact with all these palace supporters serving us its surprise we get a drink at all!!

I'd be more worried what you were getting served if I were you
  • buds and magners are safe though mate
  • I now drink in the Con Club, all the prem plus footie + cheap beer you could want, dont even seem to need to be a member !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite] Eltham_addick:[/cite]I now drink in the Con Club, all the prem plus footie + cheap beer you could want, dont even seem to need to be a member !

I've been drinking in there for a while, mate's a member although the big bloke on the door has started to recognise me now.

The one real bonus is the girl behind the bar, well nice!
  • RO packed last night and the rolls were a quid!bargin!
  • wished someone had told me about the rolls, would of saved me a rubbish cornish pasty from the ground.
  • I will save you one next time AFKA Bartram
  • BDL - always in there for the league games, normally sit in the top bar near the TV, on one of those seats along the back wall by the windows

none of us are members, but the bloke on the door seems happy to wave us all in - even when they had a membership check a few weeks back he didn't care.

....and you are right about the barmaid !
  • My only comment re the RO was the few that started cheering when Man U got that goal,what makes it worse the lady who was jumping up and down follows Spurs!confused or what!
  • [cite] Eltham_addick:[/cite]BDL - always in there for the league games, normally sit in the top bar near the TV, on one of those seats along the back wall by the windows

none of us are members, but the bloke on the door seems happy to wave us all in - even when they had a membership check a few weeks back he didn't care.

....and you are right about the barmaid !

I drink in there as well mate , top bar .

The only problem is , there are n't any decent lagers on .
  • what they got ?
  • Carling or carling extra cold and fosters
  • that's decent for me.

come be doing with all the strong stuff, i leave that to the bigger boys.