Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of the draconian midget :-)

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
Greetings all, briefly scanning the last two weeks it seems i'm getting typecast a bit :-)

From what i heard about saturday, seems as if we are still flattering to deceive or live up to our billing. Fair ?

Any more transfer activity ?

Any update on the board / investment angle ?

Comments

• Options
    Welcome home Dad.....

Nothing happened, no one threw any house parties, no glasses / plates / ornaments got broken, there were no cigs put out on the carpet and no one had sex in your and Lookies bed....Honest
  • Options
    Saturday's performance was hugely underwhelming & think until we get this annoying habit of gifting goals it's going to turn into a season of 'If Only's'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Saturday's performance was hugely underwhelming & think until we get this annoying habit of gifting goals it's going to turn into a season of 'If Only's'.

from what i've seen and heard, its only the 2nd half against Sheff W so far that has made you think we're worth a place near the top. And seeing they are bottom doesn't fill you with confidence. Had hoped we would of clicked better by now, and hoped the Palace win would of been the starter.

Nothing on the ownership front ?
  • Options
    But we're playing badly/average yet we're 5th in the league....
  • Options
    Make you right AFKA, for all the joy the Palace result brought it was basically a slugged out 1-0 nothing else. Think Varney will make us more dangerous up front, our problem is not scoring them though.

Not a single thing re ownership in the papers or elsewhere that I am aware of mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]But we're playing badly/average yet we're 5th in the league....

i know, its probably the one encouraging point so far to me, not playing great but picking up results.

But you could argue of the five league games, we've only played one i can see being top half opposion at the end of the season, Stoke, and they beat us...
  • Options
    Yer but look who we've played then look who Watford have played,they have beaten proper teams apart from on eblip at Leicester.
  • Options
    we've still picked up points, and turned defeats into wins or draws, and that is enough for me at the start of the season. If we're fifth at the end of October, I'll be more then happy
  • Options
    It doesn't matter who we've played, we've already shown we've got the quality going forward to score plenty.
    And I'm sure we will score against the Watfords, Wolves etc as well as the strugglers.

The problem still appears to be at centre back, vulnerable particularly at set plays, where we always look likely to concede.
  • Options
    We have a whole new team ... at the start of the season I would have grabbed at 8 points from 5 games.

However defence is a huge area of concern, it is not just centre back, I think left-back is an area of concern too. At least Pards is obviously just as worried.

At least with Semedo, Mills, Sodje and (hypothetically) Gibbs we have more options to try for centre-half - there have to be much better options than Fortune and McCarthy ...

... don't there?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All right we're conceeding goals and look a bit soft at the back, but at least we're fighting back to get points... that is a step in the right direction and shows that the players are up for the fight.

I don't think we're too far away from the right formula, 2 clean sheets tonight and Saturday will be perfect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]All right we're conceeding goals and look a bit soft at the back, but at least we're fighting back to get points... that is a step in the right direction and shows that the players are up for the fight.

I don't think we're too far away from the right formula, 2 clean sheets tonight and Saturday will be perfect.

Agreed, NSU.

The team is showing that for all it's frailties and random lapses of concentration, there's enough heart and spirit to give it a go.
    It just might be a strong dominant centre back and possibly swapping Racoon for Semodo is all that's missing.
  • Options
    So where are these strong. dominant centre halves we so badly need to complete the team? I'm not sure I've seen much sign of them yet. Hate to say I told you so on this one.

Welcome back, AFKA - we've missed you.
  • Options
    Weegie, I bet you just love a strong dominant centre half, don't you ......... ?

Just kidding! ;o)
  • Options
    As long as you mean of the Richard Rufus rather than John Terry variety, Oggy!
  • Options
    I mean nuffin', Weegie, honest........

;o)
  • Options
    I believe you, honest...!