Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

R.I.P. Colin Mcrae

Killed in a Helicopter crash along ith his 5 year old son it has been reported this morning.

Comments

• Sad news
    R.I.P
  • Very sad. RIP
  • Very sad, I feel for his poor wife and family.
  • SSN reporting that there was a 6 year old friend killed as well.

;-((

RIP
  • This was filtering through as I got in around one am last night but was unconfirmed.

Very very sad news for all the families affected. A rallying legend, respected throughout motorsport in general for his 100% commitment and driving brilliance. Valentino Rossi and other well known names paid fantastic tributes today.

Always seemed to carry himself with great dignity, was approachable and universally well liked.

RIP
  • Terrible news the 2 British greats of rallying gone both British world champions dead so young. Team mates at Subaru McCrae and Burns RIP.
  • Extremely sad. He made rallying a back page sport at home. Just think all those times when he sped around at death defying speeds and he loses his life in a helicopter crash, and his son and his son's friend. Awful. I feel for his family. RIP Colin.
  • Very sad. Here at work we were only discussing how unsafe helicopters are on Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• shocked, totally shocked at this. first Burns, the Colin!! RIP

Indeed as red murph says, some really top tributes to Colin at both F1 and Moto GP.
  • it was really upsetting to hear about this...blessing to his family....xx
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Extremely sad. He made rallying a back page sport at home. Just think all those times when he sped around at death defying speeds and he loses his life in a helicopter crash, and his son and his son's friend. Awful. I feel for his family. RIP Colin.

I know its not the same thing but its quite similar to Steve Irwin in that sense. Still as I said before RIP.
  • I cannot express how sad I felt when the news came through.

I was lucky enough to meet and interview Colin recently and it's hard to comprehend that he will no longer be with us. As well as being one of the best drivers the world has ever seen, he was a genuine, caring, likeable man who allowed this novice to fumble his way through an interview whilst sitting beside him while he was doing what he loved, driving at full tilt in a rally car.

His warmth, humour and generosity touched me at the time and it left an indelible mark and a memory I will cherish forever.

RIP Colin and Thank you.